- Asian Conference: Board Liaison
- Asian Conference: Executive Director
- Asian Conference: Co-Chairs
- Asian Conference: Local Arrangements
- Asian Conference: Marketing
- Asian Conference: Programs
- Asian Conference: Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Asian Conference: Administrative Assistant
- Asian Conference: Bookkeeper
- Asian Conference: MCI Events
Employer Member Benefits Guide
School Member Benefits Guide
Affiliate Member Benefits Guide
Asian Conference: Board Liaison
The Board Liaison to the Asian Conference, provides strategic input and oversight to ensure organizational goals are met. He/she works with the Conference Co-chairs and Executive Director to make sure the Conference Policies, roles and responsibilities are followed and manages board involvement in the conference as needed – including action items that are listed in these SOP’s, as well as additional times when the board’s input would be helpful, such as when a significant change is suggested that will affect the strategic priorities.
- Provide insight into high level decisions, including situations that have long term impact on the organization such as exceptions made to Conference Policies and changes to the Sponsor & Exhibitor payment policies.
- Review Sponsor and Exhibitor Menu with other conference liaisons and Executive Director before the board votes.
- Communicate board and organizational goals to committees and work with the Executive Director and Conference Committee members to ensure they are carried through in all conference planning.
- Send conference theme to board for review and feedback.
- Obtain regular updates from the committee regarding progress made toward goals and provide input, direction and advice as needed.
- Facilitate communication between board and conference subcommittees as needed, including:
- Send the draft budget to the board for approval
- Send draft list of keynote speakers to the board for review and first right of refusal. Provide the board's feedback to the conference committee.
- Obtain board feedback for any major changes to the conference that affect the board's strategic priorities (such as employer engagement)
- See the Conference Policies for additional items the board votes on and provides input into.
- Communicate with the committee regarding ideas or suggestions affecting the conference that are brought up during board meetings.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Conference Committee, as well as conference leadership meetings, to ensure open communication between the Committee and the Board.
- Present the board with regular updates about the conference. Brief committee reports are provided verbally during monthly calls. More in-depth updates (one page in length) are provided in writing before each in-person board meeting. The Board Liaison provides the board with a financial summary and analysis once the financials are final at the conclusion of the event.
- Assist with the selection of conference co-chairs and conference location (see separate conference location selection SOP's for more information about site selection).
- Make decisions regarding conference expenses as needed, including any changes to the food and beverage menu and additional A/V requests. Note: The Executive Director should be contacted regarding any decisions that require a financial obligation, unless a decision is needed immediately.
- Assist committees with ensuring on-site responsibilities are met, if needed.