- Asian Conference: Board Liaison
- Asian Conference: Executive Director
- Asian Conference: Co-Chairs
- Asian Conference: Local Arrangements
- Asian Conference: Marketing
- Asian Conference: Programs
- Asian Conference: Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Asian Conference: Administrative Assistant
- Asian Conference: Bookkeeper
- Asian Conference: MCI Events
Employer Member Benefits Guide
School Member Benefits Guide
Affiliate Member Benefits Guide
Asian Conference Committee SOP's
The MBA CSEA Asian Conference serves the needs of the association and its member base in the Asia-Pacific Region, with specific goals as outlined below.
The Board of Directors has the responsibility of overseeing the business of the association, and entrusts the Conference Committee with executing a successful event under the direction of the Executive Director, with additional leadership collaboration from the Conference Co-Chairs and Board Liaison. Given the broad reach of the event, the need for continuity from year to year and the amount of time needed for successful execution, the conference is co-organized by volunteers and staff/consultants, with the Executive Director serving as the primary decision-maker when needed.
The roles and responsibilities outlined in these SOP's (see the navigation links on the left side of the page) serve as a guideline to assist in the event planning, answer common questions, and provide clarification based on prior years’ experience. Subcommittee chairs will need to work closely with the Executive Director, Conference Chairs and chairs of the other conference subcommittees to successfully deliver on the expectations. It is recommended that committee members review the SOP’s for all other areas in order to understand the full scope of the responsibilities.
The Importance of SOP's and Policies from MBA CSEA on Vimeo.
- Strategic Alignment: Assist with achieving the overall strategic goals of the MBA CSEA as established by the Board of Directors, (which may vary from year to year). Ensure the organization’s mission, vision and values are carried through in all aspects of the event.
- Professional Development: provide educational and benchmarking opportunities for MBA CSEA school and employer members, with a focus on those in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Networking: assist school and employer members with building connections and partnerships.
- Outreach: serve as a conduit to market MBA CSEA to and engage prospective school and employer members.
- Standards: provide ongoing education about and support of the MBA CSEA Standards for Reporting MBA Employment Statistics
Overall Committee ResponsibilitiesIn addition to the tasks outlined in the subcommittee SOP's (see the navigation links on the left side of the page), all committee members are expected to do the following in order to support the conference planning process:
- Read and understand these SOP's, the Conference Policies and the Conference Timeline (located in Smartsheet), and ask for clarification when needed.
- Read, understand and follow the conference timeline as closely as possible, and let the conference chairs and Executive Director know when circumstances prevent it from being followed.
- Utilize the committee planning and collaboration tools (OneDrive and Smartsheet).
- Subcommittee Chairs should attend regular conference subcommittee chair calls (date and time to be set by the committee) and provide input into overall conference decisions. Maintain regular communication with the Conference Co-chairs in between calls to provide progress updates.
- Keep all conference planning documents in the shared committee folder in OneDrive in order to provide for ongoing access, historical continuity and backup in case of data loss in other areas. Update the shared conference master schedule in Smartsheet with information on a regular basis, and as requested (see specific notes in this document).
- Support the Programs Committee’s efforts by providing input into programming needs and recommending speakers/panelists.
- Support the Marketing Committee’s efforts by inviting school and employer contacts to the conference and sharing information on social media.
- In order to ensure the overall budget is maintained, all conference expenses must be approved by the Executive Director.
The organization provides committees with a number of tools to assist with planning the event.
- Online collaboration documents - Smartsheet and OneDrive.
- Conference Policies
- Tips & Guides - including same meeting agendas and tips for managing volunteers