CPG CAMP - Getting Red Carpet Ready for Brand Careers
The Super Bowl and Academy Awards are two of the biggest advertising moments of the year, but how do you talk about the ads you saw in a way that will dazzle your interviewer (and watch-party compatriots)?Getting Red Carpet Ready for Brand Careers
The Super Bowl and Academy Awards are two of the biggest advertising moments of the year, but how do you talk about the ads you saw in a way that will dazzle your interviewer (and watch-party compatriots)? For candidates without much relevant experience, this is a chance to show deep industry passion & acumen, so keep your students on their toes via the T.O.E.S.S method (lousy acronym but easy to remember). It's a helpful way to evaluate good or bad ads, brands & products – and it goes like this:
- Target: Is the target consumer clearly defined?
- Objective: What is the business purpose (awareness? sales? retention?)
- Execution: Was the ad attention-grabbing and memorable with clear branding?
- Strategy: What was the ad's message/positioning?
- Support: Is there any supporting evidence to believe their message?
Reviewing an ad with this framework removes subjectivity and shows off strategic thinking. Students at CSEA member schools have free access to our Brand Interview Playbook with step-by tool like this and many others, plus 10 downloadable prep templates and our Case Interview Cheat Sheet. Access on our site with promo code FREE.
For students evaluating career paths, prepping for interviews or planning to start an internship or job, below are 2023 details on our Brand Management Boot Camps:
- HOW DOES IT WORK: Our Online Boot Camp includes 16 modules & exercises to replicate Brand Manager life. Graduates receive Certified Brand Manager® accreditation with LinkedIn Certificate. We also offer a live Boot Camp with hands-on exercises, in-person or via Zoom.
- WHY IS THIS DIFFERENT?: Our program complements MBA learning, focusing on everything we wish we'd known to hit the ground running. The curriculum was co-created with leaders at companies like Unilever, J&J, Nielsen, McCann, Walmart & Meta. After training thousands of students from 175+ schools/orgs., 95% would recommend to a peer.
- WHERE DO I START? HERE is a 1-pager for administrators or clubs with a link to our partner rate of $149 ($50 off). Some schools cover this fee, while others just forward on to students. Reach out to email@example.com to see how we can customize a program for your students or visit our site for Q&A and 50+ testimonials.