MBA CSEA Career Services Boot Camp
MBA CSEA’s Inaugural Career Services Boot Camp!
Monday, June 24, 12 pm - 5 pm (lunch included)
Tuesday, June 25, 8 am - 12 pm
Boston Park Plaza (the venue for the MBA CSEA 2019 Global Conference)
This event, which takes place just before our 2019 Global Conference in Boston, is designed for individuals who are relatively new to the MBA career services profession. Experienced industry leaders will provide attendees with:
- A comprehensive “beginner” training applicable to new staff members in all functions
- An understanding of the key skillsets and competencies needed for success in MBA career services
- Exposure to best practices that are applicable regardless of type, size or location of school
The boot camp’s robust, high-impact modules will explore:
- How the industry works, the major challenges and ways to overcome them
- The rewards of being in this industry
- How academe compares and contrasts with industry (corporate)
- How to be effective in an academic setting within your office and working with other departments
- Competencies needed for success
- Best practices in offering career coaching to your students
- Best practices in offering career programming to your students throughout the year
- What the standards for reporting employment data are, why they exist, how they can be beneficial, and resources for learning more
- Effective management practices to ensure success
- The major sources of hiring for MBAs in the U.S. and internationally
- How the MBA recruiting process works (timeline, cycle, impact on delivery of career services to students)
- Ways to reach out to employers that fit your school’s profile
- Resources available to assist you in delivering services to students and employers
- Where to go for further information
View the full schedule.
Special Introductory Price: $250.00
Note: All participants will receive a certificate of participation at the end of the boot camp.
Registration is part of the Global Conference registration form, but you do not need to attend the Global Conference in order to participate in the Boot Camp. If you will not be attending the Global Conference, select the "MBA CSEA Career Services Boot Camp Session Only" option on the registration form.
Questions? Contact Boot Camp co-chair Karen Dowd at email@example.com
View our Cancellation Policy