Certifications Task Force SOP's
Created September, 2019
Introduction and GoalsThe Certifications Task Force was created by the MBA CSEA Board of Directors in an effort to enhance the professional development needs of our members, provide additional programs that cannot otherwise be found in the marketplace, and provide revenue opportunities in order to enhance other organization-wide programs and services. To achieve those goals, the Task Force:
- Maintains up-to-date benchmarking information regarding industry best practices and certifications offered by other organizations
- Surveys MBA CSEA leadership and members, as needed, in order to gauge professional development needs that can be met through certification programs
- Implements certification and certificate programs as determined by the task force and approved by the Board of Directors
Deliverables will vary from year to year based on the needs of the membership, and are currently focused on the following initiatives for 2019/2020 (see the subnavigation menus linked below for more information about each program).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Board of Directors
- Approves all new programs and yearly task force plan
- Approves task force budget
- Executive Director
- Oversees all of the organization’s committees, task forces and communications
- Serves as a liaison among all MBA CSEA committees and task forces to ensure ongoing communication and coordination of activities.
- Approves committee, task force, and initiative leadership roles.
- Serves as a a member of the task force and the leadership team, and should be included in all task force and leadership communications, as well as informed about any items that will be brought to the board for consideration.
- Participates in all leadership decisions, providing approvals as necessary throughout the planning process
- Manages logistics regarding task force initiatives that take place at the hotel that is being used for the annual conferences, including room allocation and set-up, A/V set-up, food and beverage selections, printing/signage needs, etc.
- Walks through task force and initiative SOP's with volunteers on a regular basis, answering questions as needed. Updates and approves changes to the project plan, timeline and SOP's as needed.
- Distributes all communications to the membersthip on behalf of the Task Foce and the individual initiatives.
- Approves all task force and initiative expenditures before commitments are made.
- Hosts debrief call and leadership transition in July/August each year.
- Board Liaision to the Task Force (may also be a Task Force Co-Chair)
- Keeps the board informed of task force progress. Brief updates are provided during monthly meetings, with a more in-depth (one page) report provided at each in-person board meeting (twice per year)
- Presents draft task force budget to board for discussion and approval
- Informs task force regarding board strategic goals and initiatives
- Manages any additional communciations needed among the task force and the board.
- Task Force Co-Chair(s):
- Leads regular task force meetings (monthly meetings are recommended, with email updates provided in between meetings). An agenda should be distributed in advance of each meeting, and minutes should be taken during the meeting and distributed shorterly after the meeting concludes.
- Works with the Executive Director to select individual initiative leadership.
- Assists individual initiative leaders with identifying volunteers to assist their efforts, as needed.
- Works with the Executive Director to establish task force roster and ensure volunteers are engaged.
- Attends task force initiative meetings and communicates with initiative chairs as needed in order to ensure progress is being made, timeline is being kept and goals are being met
- Works with the Executive Director to establish an annual timeline and project plan for all task force initiatives. The Executive Director will approve and update the timeline in the project management software (Smartsheet).
- Work with the Executive Director to keep track of finances, ensuring budget goals are being met.
- Individual Initiative Chairs
See the subnavigation menu for more informationa about the role of each chair.
Task Force ToolsThe organizatoin provides committees and task forces with a number of tools to assist with executon of deliveralbes:
- Online collaboration documents - Smartsheet and OneDrive
- Tips & Guides - including same meeting agendas and tips for managing volunteers