Conference Program Styling Guide
This Guide will help ensure consistent formatting and branding across all conferences, as well as minimize the time and cost in producing the conference printed programs.
- The Asian and Global Conferences will use the Standard American format – e.g. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The European Conference will use the International 24-hour format – e.g. 08:00 – 23:00
- The Asian and Global Conferences will use the following order: Day of the week, Month Date
– e.g. Wednesday, April 15
- The European Conference will use the following order: Day of the week, Date Month – e.g. Wednesday, 15 April
Speaker & Session Details
- 150-word bios and headshots will be included for keynote speakers only. Considerations may be made for plenary speakers who are addressing the full audience in a keynote-style manner (not a panel).
- Names, job titles and organizations will be included for all speakers.
- Keynote and plenary session descriptions will be no more than 150 words in length.
- Breakout session descriptions will be no more than 100 words in length.
- Local information will fit one half page (app. 250 words).
Names, Title & Degrees
- Board and Committee Members will be listed as follows:
Company or University, Business School (if applicable)
MBA CSEA Role
e.g. Damian Zikakis
University of Michigan, Ross School of Business
- No middle initials will be used unless it is an integral part of the name
- Only the following degrees will be listed after names, if applicable: PhD, MD
- For speakers, the job title will appear before the company or university name
- Committee members, speakers and others will be provided an opportunity to indicate how they want their organization’s name listed in the program. The information provided by the individual will be considered final. When inconsistencies exist between two people within the same organization, it will not be corrected.
- Use limited abbreviations. Spell out Senior, Vice President, Associate, etc.
Capitalization & Other
- Sessions names are Title Capped - Sub-headings are not
e.g. Differing Corporate Cultures and Innovative Recruiting Strategies: What really works in attracting a new generation of talent
- MBA CSEA positions are Title Capped – e.g. Co-Chair
- Italicize Book Titles
- President and Executive Director welcome letters will be no more than 150 words in length. Conference Co-Chair welcome letter will be no longer than 300 words in length.
Program Editing Process
- Content will be provided as follows:
|Content||Committee/person responsible||Submission process|
|President’s welcome letter||Executive Director||Upload to “Printed Program Content” folder in OneDrive|
|Executive Director welcome letter||Executive Director||Upload to “Printed Program Content” folder in OneDrive|
|Conference Co-Chair welcome letter||Conference Co-Chairs||Upload to “Printed Program Content” folder in OneDrive|
|Speaker names, job titles, organizations||Programs||Add to Conference Schedule in Smartsheet|
|Session descriptions||Programs||Add to Conference Schedule in Smartsheet|
|Keynote speaker bios and headshots||Programs||Upload to “Printed Program Content” folder in OneDrive|
|Gala event promotion||Local Arrangements||Upload to “Printed Program Content” folder in OneDrive|
|Local information||Local Arrangements||Upload to “Printed Program Content” folder in OneDrive|
|Sponsor & Exhibitor info – logo, 50-word description, ad||Administrative Assistant||Upload to “Printed Program Content” folder in OneDrive|
|Other info about MBA CSEA (mission, vision, membership info, etc.)||Executive Director||Upload to “Printed Program Content” folder in OneDrive|
- The Executive Director and Marketing Committee will edit all content for word count, grammar, accuracy, etc. before submitting it to the designer.
- Content provided to the designers will be considered final. All information will be proofread and corrected for grammar, spelling and stylistic edits before being sent to the designers. If content is not available or final by a deadline, the designers will be made aware of when the information will be available and provided with the amount of space that is needed to be held for the item(s) (e.g. “Speaker bio to be provided by 1/31, 100 words).
- Changes made during the editing process will include:
- factual errors such as misspelling of a speaker’s name or an incorrect session title
- additional information not provided by the prior deadline, such as a new session that was added, new committee member, new exhibitor or replacement speaker
- spacing issues, or other design-related items
- The Executive Director and Marketing Committee Chair(s) for each Conference will make the final call for all edits.
Notes for Designers
- MBA CSEA will submit all items for the program through a shared folder in OneDrive. Items will be categorized in subfolders as needed, to be clear what categories they fall into.
- A spreadsheet will be provided that lists the items in the program. Items should be placed in the order in which they appear in the spreadsheet, unless otherwise noted.