FAQ's about the EDS
MBA CSEA provides our members with an online system by which they can enter aggregate employment data and generate benchmarking reports. We transitioned to a new system on December 29, 2014 and are now collaborating with AACSB International.
Click here for full details about the employment data system collaboration.
When was the EDS launched?
The EDS collaboration was launched December 29, 2014.
Is the current EDS be similar to the previous system that used from 2009 - 2014?
Unlike the previous system, we are not currently capturing student-level data. The current EDS captures data at the aggregate level only. This means each school will enter their aggregate data onto an online form. The system will then generate Standards-compliant reports based on the data entered by the schools. It is our hope that in the future schools will be able to import data at the student level, allowing for even more robust benchmarking and reporting features. However, the current EDS does not provide a student survey option. This means schools will need to identify an external solution to capture employment data directly from students. There are multiple vendors that provide student survey solutions (view vendors that participate in our Vendor Standards Compliance program), and some schools create their own intenral system as well. Please contact us if you need assistance finding a student survey solution.
The current EDS provides additional guidance in completing the forms with expanded instructions and references to the Standards throughout. There are also validation rules that assist schools with common issues. The reports generated by the EDS are much more robust than with the previous system, providing schools with the ability to benchmark on certain data points. We are also producing aggregate MBA employment data that will be beneficial to schools and other stakeholders.
Why did MBA CSEA transition to a new system?
- The current EDS is more robust and user-friendly that then previous system, with expanded instructions, guidance with filling out the forms, and validation rules to assist with common issues.
- The reports generated by the system will better serve our members by providing the ability to benchmark with other schools based on select data points. The reports will also allow MBA CSEA to produce aggregate employment data that will be beneficial to our membership.
- AACSB-accredited schools were already providing employment data to AACSB. Those schools are now able to provide that information to one source instead of two.
- Our collaboration with AACSB will allow for additional opportunities to better serve our members through data dissemination and Standards adoption.
- The new system resulted in significant cost savings to MBA CSEA.
Can my students enter their data into the system individually?
The current EDS does not provide a student survey option. This means schools will need to identify an external solution to capture employment data directly from students. There are multiple vendors that provide student survey solutions (view vendors that participate in our Vendor Standards Compliance program), and some schools create their own intenral system as well. Please contact us if you need assistance finding a student survey solution.
Is providing data to the AACSB Module required by MBA CSEA?
We encourage schools to provide the requested data to AACSB in order to participate in their benchmarking and other reporting. However, it is not required.
How do I enter my data into the MBA CSEA Module?
To enter your data, visit the Data Direct web site and enter your login information. The designated MBA CSEA contact for each school will receive more detailed instructions from AACSB when the time period is open for data entry each year. If your school does not receive instructions, please contact us.
Notifications sent to members about the EDS transition:
April 29, 2014
November 7, 2014
December 8, 2014 (expired members)
December 8, 2014 (active members)