EMEA Conference: On-site Responsibilities
Most of the on-site event management is handled by the event planning firm and Executive Director. The committee's responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage registration desk at designated times.
- Check in conference attendees.
- Hand out nametags and any other pertinent information, such as tickets for the gala. The ED will provide a list of items to be distributed.
- Local Arrangements
- Manage logistics surrounding the gala, if needed
- Distribute signs throughout the event as needed. This includes sponsor recognition signs, as well as any additional directional signs deemed necessary.
- Serve as a point of contact for keynote and plenary speakers, greeting them when they arrive and making sure their needs are met.
- Make sure room hosts are in breakout sessions and that they have all of the relevant instructions.
- Hand out speaker gifts.
- Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Assist with exhibitor set-up in the Exhibit Hall if needed. Place signs on each table to designate where each exhibitor will set up.
- Make sure sponsors and exhibitors have their needs met throughout the event.