EMEA Conference: Event Assistant
- Conduct research into potential hotel sites using criteria provided by MBA CSEA. Manage and attend site visit to assist with hotel selection, if needed and feasible within budget.
- Negotiate hotel contract to reserve sufficient hotel and meeting room allocations at competitive rates to meet the requirements of MBA CSEA and attendees, and maximize budget.
- (ED handling for 2023) Arrange meeting space and catering options according to the schedule provided. Work with conference committee and Executive Director to ensure needs are met. Note: The Executive Director must approve any changes that involve the contract or result in a financial commitment.
- (ED handling for 2023) Serve as primary liaison with the hotel, providing the committee with information as needed. The following items are obtained from the hotel at the beginning of the conference planning:
- Food and beverage menus
- A/V price menus and a price estimate based on typical usage (inquire if easels are flip charts as well, or free standing), which rooms will need microphones
- Shipping address and instructions (including a plan for how to separate items shipped to vendors vs. those shipped to MBA CSEA through labels, etc.)
- A floor plan for the exhibit hall
- Signage requirements and signs provided by hotel (digital and other).
- (ED handling for 2023) Provide assistance and support during the planning process.
- (ED handling for 2023) Provide Executive Director with reminders regarding hotel obligations and deadlines, including deposit due dates and room night reductions. Note that an invoice is needed at least two weeks in advance of any deposit due dates.
- (ED handling for 2023) Provide Executive Director with regular hotel room pick-up lists beginning in January.
- (ED handling for 2023) Liaise with hotel to ensure an efficient and high quality event.
- (ED handling for 2023) If needed, liaise with attendees to assist with their hotel bookings.
- Assist with committee bag stuffing and nametag preparation prior to the conference beginning. See separate list for specifics, provided by the Executive Director.
- Manage conference registration desk, with assistance from committee volunteers. Hand out attendee nametags, recognition ribbons, event tickets and other details. Answer questions or assist attendees with finding answers to their questions as needed.
- Assist vendors with exhibit set-up, support, and tear down.
- Display signage and other handouts according to the signage list provided by the Executive Director. If needed, move easels to accommodate signage for different sessions. Display sponsor marketing materials before sponsored sessions as needed.
- Assist speakers with A/V checks before sessions begin.
- If possible and allowed by the hotel, initiate chimes to serve as a warning five minutes before each session (note: the hotel will sometimes do this on our behalf).
- Maintain an attendee count for each session and provide to the Executive Director.
- Serve as liaison to the hotel, making sure all logistics are correct and complete including:
- Attend meetings with the hotel and Executive Director as needed to review and confirm logistics.
- Review daily banquet event orders for accuracy if needed.
- Verify rooms are set-up as requested and A/V is correct.
- Monitor food and beverage at events to ensure attendee flow goes smoothly and food is refreshed on buffets as needed.
- Obtain final hotel room pickup report and provide it to the Executive Director.
- Assist with final bill reconciliation if discrepancies arise