- European Conference: Board Liaison
- European Conference: Executive Director
- European Conference: Co-Chair
- European Conference: Local Arrangements
- European Conference: Marketing
- European Conference: Programmes
- European Conference: Sponsors & Exhibitors
- European Conference: Administrative Assistant
- European Conference: Bookkeeper
- European Conference: Event Assistant
Employer Member Benefits Guide
School Member Benefits Guide
Affiliate Member Benefits Guide
European Conference: Executive Director
The Executive Director provides leadership, guidance, oversight and historical perspective to ensure conference planning runs smoothly and that the committee has the resources and tools needed in order to execute a successful event. He/she provides critical input into and approval of decisions and answers questions about processes, providing a strategic point of view based on prior years’ conference committees. The Executive Director is a member of the conference committee and leadership team, and should be included in all committee chair/leadership calls and communications, as well as informed of items that will be brought to the board. The Executive Director also serves as liaison among all MBA CSEA committees, assisting with opportunities for cross-committee communication and collaboration when needed.
- Revise conference SOP's, timeline and other committee resources on an annual basis. Train committee members on SOP's and introduce committee tools at the beginning of the year, providing reminders as needed throughout the planning process. Answer questions from committee members about the SOP's and other tools.
- Approve subcommittee leadership and committee volunteer assignments, providing both a historical and long term perspective to ensure volunteer assignments are well-managed and skills sets are considered.
- Work with conference co-chairs to ensure committees are utilized and a manageable workload is maintained, providing reminders and assistance as needed.
- Work with conference co-chairs to manage overall conference timeline.
- Review and approve overall conference schedule.
- Work with the Board Liaison and Conference Co-chairs to ensure the Conference Policies are followed.
- Review, approve and sign all conference contracts.
- Coordinate committee thank you event at hotel.
- Create PowerPoint presentation that runs throughout the conference and provides recognition of sponsors, exhibitors, all MBA CSEA volunteers, etc.
- Create slides (if used) and handout for business updates/lunch
- Approve gala venue selection and food and beverage menu.
- Approve hotel food and beverage menu selection and A/V order.
- Work with the Event Assistant to ensure deadlines are met and obligations are maintained with regards to the hotel contract.
- Approve any changes to the hotel contract, or any items that require a financial commitment.
- Manage hotel room night process, providing reminders as needed to those who have not booked a hotel room.
- Review hotel banquet event order (BEO) and A/V order for accuracy prior to the conference, and sign indicating approval.
- Send an email to those with dietary restrictions, letting them know the hotel and gala food situation.
- Send initial "save the date" with conference co-chair announcement, conference theme, hotel reservation info.
- Contract with a third party designer to design conference printed program and manage the development and coordination of the program. Set up a timeline and communicate with the committee.
- Oversee overall conference web site and marketing presence.
- Manage conference web site and online registration process (along with the Administrative Assistant).
- Approve conference signage.
- Work with marketing subcommittee to distribute communications in alignment with the organizational communications plan. Assist marketing subcommittee with ensuring organizational brand is carried through in all conference collateral.
- Approve communications plan.
- Work with committee to distribute social media promotions. Disseminate conference information through MBA CSEA social media accounts.
- Send invitation for Directors session to attendees who are Directors/career center leaders.
- Coordinate conference photographer, including vendor selection and on-site logistics. Send photographer a schedule of responsibilities, including dates, times and specific rooms, as well as sample pictures from past events. Request that he/she be stealth with pictures during sessions, ensuring that flashes are not used as it disturbs speakers. Request that no wide angle lenses be used for group pictures. Request a one week turnaround time for electronic photo delivery.
- Send final email to attendees with reminders - include gala evening dress code.
- Review and approve A/V requests.
- Work with the Standards Committee and Standards Consultant to determine the best timing and structure of the Standards Training.
- Work with the Programs sub-committee to ensure conference programming meets the strategic goals of the organization. Provide input and advice into speaker and topic selections as needed.
- Distribute Call for Programs
- Review the keynote speaker list before it is sent to the board for review.
- Approve special requests for programming as per the Conference Policies.
- Purchase speaker gifts, as outlined in Conference Policies.
Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Provide input into Sponsor and Exhibitor Menu before it goes to the board for approval.
- Distribute initial Call for Sponsors and Exhibitors for all MBA CSEA Conferences.
- Create the Sponsor & Exhibitor contract, using last year's contract as a model.
- Arrange for sponsor thank you notes and gifts.
- Approve special requests, including changes to Sponsor and Exhibitor Menu or individual requests made by sponsors or exhibitors.
- Provide historical information and input into vendor expectations.
- Help ensure sponsors receive everything promised to them in the Sponsorship Menu.
- Send Sponsor and Exhibitor preview email to conference attendees.
- Send standalone targeted emails for sponsors.
- Create draft Exhibit Hall layout for committee review. Work with the hotel to obtain a layout of the space, and assign booths according to the S&E prospectus.
- Do twitter and Linkedin callouts for sponsors.
- Review draft budget before sending to the board for approval.
- Make sure deposits are paid to the hotel as needed.
- Approve expenses and send invoices to Bookkeeper for payment.
- Prepare a final financial document with revenue and expense figures after the event concludes.
- Create FAQ and registration process document to assist with on-site registration management.
- Print out items needed on-site: registration lists, exhibit hall layout, sponsor names for gifts, signage list.
- Meet with hotel staff in advance of conference to go over all event needs and contractual obligations.
- Approve items involving budget, such as food and beverage menu or A/V requests.
- Make decisions regarding issues that come up or last minute requests.
- Prepare and distribute conference evaluation. rovide evaluation results to committee in advance of debrief.
- Lead conference de-brief with subcommittee leaders to discuss feedback and provide recommendations for next year’s committee.