- European Conference: Board Liaison
- European Conference: Executive Director
- European Conference: Co-Chair
- European Conference: Local Arrangements
- European Conference: Marketing
- European Conference: Programmes
- European Conference: Sponsors & Exhibitors
- European Conference: Administrative Assistant
- European Conference: Bookkeeper
- European Conference: Event Assistant
Employer Member Benefits Guide
School Member Benefits Guide
Affiliate Member Benefits Guide
European Conference SOP's
IntroductionThe MBA CSEA European Conference serves the needs of the association and its member base in the European Region, with specific goals as outlined below.
The Board of Directors has the responsibility of overseeing the business of the organization, and entrusts the Conference Committee with executing a successful event under the direction of the Executive Director with additional leadership collaboration from the Conference Co-Chairs and Board Liaison. Given the broad reach of the event, the need for continuity from year to year and the amount of time needed for successful execution, the conference is co-organized by volunteers and staff/consultants, with the Executive Director serving as the primary decision-maker when needed.
The roles and responsibilities outlined in this document (see the navigation links on the left side of the page) serve as a guideline to assist in the event planning, answer common questions and provide clarification based on prior years’ experience. Subcommittee chairs will need to work closely with the Executive Director, Conference Chairs and chairs of the other conference subcommittees to successfully deliver on the expectations. It is recommended that committee members review the SOP’s for all other areas in order to understand the full scope of the responsibilities.
- Strategic Alignment: Assist with achieving the overall strategic goals of the MBA CSEA, as defined by the Board of Directors, (which may vary from year to year). Ensure the organization’s mission, vision and values are carried through in all aspects of the event.
- Professional Development: provide educational and benchmarking opportunities for MBA CSEA school and employer members, with a focus on those in the European Region.
- Networking: assist school and employer members with building connections and partnerships.
- Outreach: serve as a conduit to market to and engage prospective members
- Standards: provide ongoing education about and support of the MBA CSEA Standards for Reporting MBA Employment Statistics
Overall Committee Responsibilities
In addition to the tasks outlined in this document (see the navigation links on the left side of the page), all committees are expected to do the following in order to support the conference planning process:
- Read and understand the SOP’s, Conference Policies and Conference Timeline and ask for clarification when needed.
- Read, understand and follow the conference timeline as closely as possible, and let the conference chairs and Executive Director know when circumstances prevent it from being followed.
- Utilize conference planning and collaboration tools, including the online project management and file sharing systems.
- Subcommittee chairs should attend regular monthly conference subcommittee chair calls and provide input into overall conference decisions. Maintain regular communication with the Conference Co-chairs in between calls to provide progress updates.
- Keep all conference planning documents in the shared committee folder in OneDrive in order to provide for ongoing access, historical continuity and backup in case of data loss in other areas. Update the shared conference schedule document in Smartsheet with information on a regular basis.
- Support the Programme Committee’s efforts by providing input into programming needs and recommending speakers/panelists.
- Support the Marketing Committee's efforts by inviting school and employer contacts to the conference and sharing information on social media.
- In order to ensure the overall budget is maintained, all conference expenses must be approved by the Executive Director and Conference Co-Chairs.
The organization provides committees with a number of tools to assist with planning the event.
- Online collaboration documents - Smartsheet and OneDrive.
- Conference Policies
- Tips & Guides - including same meeting agendas and tips for managing volunteers