- Global Conference: Board Liaison
- Global Conference: Executive Director
- Global Conference: Co-Chair
- Global Conference: Local Arrangements
- Global Conference: Marketing
- Global Conference: Programs
- Global Conference: Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Global Conference: Administrative Assistant
- Global Conference: Bookkeeper
- Global Conference: Connections
Employer Member Benefits Guide
School Member Benefits Guide
Affiliate Member Benefits Guide
Global Conference: Board Liaison
The Board Liaison to the Global Conference provides strategic input and oversight to ensure the conference activities are closely aligned with the organization’s goals and priorities. He/she works with the Conference Co-chairs and Executive Director to make sure the Conference Policies, roles and responsibilities are followed and manages board involvement in the conference as needed - including action items that are listed in these SOP's, as well as additional times when the board's input would be helpful, such as when a significant change is suggested that will affect the strategic priorities.
- Co-manage the conference site selection process.
- Along with the President and Executive Director, select the conference chair(s).
- Assist with the selection of conference subcommittee co-chairs.
- Provide insight into high level decisions as needed, including situations that have long term impact on the organization such as exceptions made to Conference Policies and changes to the Sponsor Menu or payment policies.
- Communicate board and organizational goals to committees and work with the Executive Director and Conference Committee members to ensure they are carried through in all conference planning.
- Obtain regular updates from the committees regarding progress made toward goals and provide input, direction and advice as needed.
- Facilitate communication between board and conference subcommittees as needed. Areas where this communication is needed are noted throughout the SOP's. Examples include: input into conference theme, approval of budget and sponsorship menu, and feedback into keynote speakers. See the Conference Policies for more details.
- Communicate with the committee regarding ideas or suggestions affecting the conference that are brought up during board meetings.
- Along with the Conference Chairs and Executive Director, make sure Conference Policies are followed.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Conference Committee, as well as conference leadership meetings, to ensure open communication between the Committee and the Board.
- Present the board with regular updates about the conference. Brief committee reports are provided verbally during monthly calls. More in-depth updates (one page in length) are provided in writing before each in-person board meeting. The Board Liaison provides the board with a financial summary and analysis once the financials are final at the conclusion of the event.