- Global Conference: Board Liaison
- Global Conference: Executive Director
- Global Conference: Co-Chair
- Global Conference: Local Arrangements
- Global Conference: Marketing
- Global Conference: Programs
- Global Conference: Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Global Conference: Administrative Assistant
- Global Conference: Bookkeeper
- Global Conference: Connections
Employer Member Benefits Guide
School Member Benefits Guide
Affiliate Member Benefits Guide
Global Conference: Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director and assists the conference committee in the following ways.
- Coordinate with Marketing Committee about signage needed for the registration area, including directional signs and signs with registration times.
- Review the printed program during draft stage. Pay attention to typos, grammatical errors, and discrepancies between what is in the Schedule in Smartsheet and what is in the program.
- Once breakout session and other speakers and topics are selected by the Programs Committee, follow up with speakers for all sessions except for keynote and plenaries to obtain necessary information, including:
- Confirmation of A/V requests – obtain these from the call for proposals form, or other communications for non-breakout speakers
- Confirmation of room set-ups (note that all breakout sessions are set to theater in an effort to maximize space and minimize turnaround time).
- Enter A/V requests into timeline in Smartsheet for all sessions except for keynotes and plenaries. A/V requests should include flip charts, markers, remote clickers, etc. Create a master list of the total number of flip charts and markers needed per room, per day.
- Collect presentation materials from speakers and upload them into the Document Library after the conference.
- Provide breakout session speakers with a summary of the feedback provided for their individual session after the event.
Sponsors & Exhibitors:
- Follow up with registered sponsors and exhibitors to ensure all items and information have been submitted, including logos, advertisements, audio/visual needs, email content for distribution (if included/purchased), etc. If needed, remind them to register additional attendees included in their package. Make sure their registration includes the correct name, email and phone number for the people who will be attending (rather than place holder contact information). This ensures that the committee can send the S&E Guide to the people who will be there and need to read the information. Keep track of what has been submitted in the S&E confirmed sheet in Smartsheet.
- Obtain information about items provided by sponsors and exhibitors to be stuffed in conference bags, and keep track in the S&E confirmed sheet in Smartsheet.
- Add Sponsor and Exhibitor logos to Conference Website one week after S&E registration closes.
- Assist Executive Director with sponsor thank you notes, if needed.
- Assist with five and 10-year sponsor recognition program, if needed.
- Manage conference online registration process. Set up initial registration form. Make changes as needed. Answer questions from conference attendees about registration.
- Audit registration list on a periodic basis to ensure participants are registered correctly, paying attention to make sure exhibitors are registered as such, no students are registered, all breakout session speakers are registered, etc.
- Reach out to those who have canceled registration to explain the cancellation policy. (see Conference Policies for specific policies). Send requests for cancellations to Executive Director for review.
- Maintain a list of items that will be shipped to the hotel to be stuffed in the registration bags, and track in Smartsheet. Work with Exhibitors/Sponsors Subcommittee on logistics of information and items provided by sponsors or exhibitors.
- Provide conference committee with regular registration updates during meetings. Updates should include: total registration, total school registration, total employer registration, total sponsor and exhibitor companies registered.
- Secure recognition ribbons for conference attendees, including: Sponsors, New Members, Conference Committee, Board, MBA CSEA Volunteer (for all committee members, not just the conference committee), Conference Co-Chair, Conference Committee Chair, Exhibitor, Past President
- Make sure on-site registration hours are promoted on the conference web site.
- Procure name badge holders for conference attendees. Work with Sponsors & Exhibitors Committee to determine if a sponsor logo needs to be included on the badges. Print name badges. Send the badge template to the Executive Director for approval before printing.
- Procure conference registration bags. Obtain approval from the Marketing Committee and Executive Director on bag selection and design.
- Print registration materials in advance of the event (list for name badge stuffing, list of items shipped to the hotel, gala registration list, full registration list, etc.)
- Prepare a comprehensive list of items to be shipped to the hotel for registration bags and other uses.
- Produce an FAQ document for conference committee members to use on-site.
- Maintain a list of on-site volunteer assignments and sign-ups for all committees.
- Manage registration and information desk. Oversee staff hired to assist with registration.
- Manage on-site check-in, including bags (or other items) given to conference attendees.
- Manage bag stuffing, nametags and other pre-conference preparations the day before the conference.