Global Conference: Marketing Communications
- Conduct outreach and promote conference to MBA CSEA members, expired members, and prospective members. Work with the Executive Director to coordinate and follow a communications plan that includes the following:
- Regular emails to all MBA CSEA active members, as well as to expired members as appropriate. The Marketing Committee develops the promotional email collateral and sends it to the Executive Director for editing and distribution. Communications should be targeted toward both schools and employers, with individual, targeted emails created for each group when appropriate (for example, when promoting the programming). Emails should include information about the value-add for different subsets of the membership (i.e. directors, specialized masters programs, employers, etc.). Emails should include pictures whenever possible.
- Phone calls and individual emails to prospective employer attendees. Work with the Executive Director to coordinate outreach with the organization-wide prospective member outreach lists.
- Work with the Local Employer Engagement area of the Conference Marketing Committee to design communications specific to local employers.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement a plan using the organization’s social media channels, as well as committee member channels. Encourage all committee members (not just the marketing committee) to use social media to promote the event, including blogs and other posts about their personal experience. Most of the social media activity should be distributed in advance of the early bird deadline in order to maximize impact on attendance. The social media plan should include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Programming announcements with speakers tagged as appropriate
- Blog posts on topics written by conference keynote, or personal testimonies from committee members about why they plan to attend
- Quotes from committee members and past conference attendees about their experience
- Pictures, videos and other information to promote the local area
Social media posts should be included in the communications plan in order to encourage mass distribution and scheduling. The Executive Director should be informed of the content for posts so that the informaition can be distributed through MBA CSEA's social media channels.
- Provide text for the main landing page of the conference web site.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure the organization’s overall brand is consistent and displayed throughout all conference collateral and communications.