Global Conference: Sponsors & Exhibitors Exhibit Hall Layout
The process by which the tables are set up within the Exhibit Hall is an area where consistency is important to ensure the needs of our financial supporters are met in an equitable way. The following process helps ensure this is done consistently from year to year and conference to conference.
- The final deadline closes for all sponsors/exhibitors to register (as well as the deadline to purchase an additional table). The final deadline is typically after the advertised deadline, to provide sponsors with additional time to register if needed. The deadline is determined by the committee and the Executive Director based on the overall timeline and a desire to communicate information to our exhibitors in a timely manner. It's communicated with all companies multiple times.
- The total number of tables is determined based on the final registration counts, including any complimentary tables and tables MBA CSEA will be using (for Standards, for example).The Executive Director will also determine whether space is availalbe to sell additional tables for companies that may want them.
- Connections works with the conference A/V provider to find out if we will be able to provide electricity to all companies, and if there is a cost to do so (this will determine where the tables requesting electricity are located).
- Connections provides the hotel with the final number of tables and requests an Exhibit Hall layout document from the hotel (in PDF or jpg), with an indication of where each table will be located.
- The Executive Director determines where any MBA CSEA tables will be located, based on the number of tables and purpose of those tables, as well as the layout overall.
- The Executive Assistant reaches out to companies that have the ability to select their table, in order of priority for table selection, sending them the layout so they can select their table. A deadline is given to them with a quick turnaround, to ensure their response is received promptly. The order in which they are contacted is outlined in the sponsorship prospectus, and is typically as follows:
- High level Global Conference sponsors (i.e. gala and opening reception - view the prospectus for each year to confirm)
- Once the priority sponsors have selected their tables, the other tables are assigned in order, based on the following criteria:
- 10-year Sponsors
- 5-year Sponsors
- Other conference sponsors, in order of contribution amount for the current year
- 10-year Exhibitors
- 5-year Exhibitors
- Others exhibitors, in random order (taking into consideration years of support, as well as not placing competitors next to each other)
- Note: If electricity is not provided for all companies, the ones that requested electricity should be grouped together so that power strips can be shared.
- Connections and the Executive Director create the draft layout, noting any exceptions or potential issues.
- The committee reviews the layout and provides recommendations for edits.
- The layout is finalized and sent to the exhibitors, with a note that booth assignments cannot be changed on-site. The timing of sending this would ideally coincide with the distribution of the Sponsor & Exhibitor Guide.