Global Conference: Local Arrangements Hospitality/Communications
In addition to coordinating networking events and activities, the Local Arrangements provides additional local assistance and hospitality for conference attendees as follows:
- Provide the ED with recommendations for a local printer to use for conference printing needs.
- Review conference program for accuracy prior to printing, paying attention to times and descriptions for entertainment and activities.
- Develop a list of local things to do, including activities, restaurants, entertainment, etc. to be added to the web site.
- Prepare information about entertainment details (gala, opening reception) for the printed program. View the Conference Program Styling Guide for details.
- Prepare general information to promote the locale to conference attendees prior to the conference, including weather information and recommended transportation.
- Secure local activities booklets, maps, coupons, etc. if needed, to be provided to conference attendees. Work with Administrative Assistant on logistics. Note: The Convention & Visitors Bureau typically provides these at no costs. Work with Connections to secure this.
- Communicate with the Marketing committee about the printing needs for the Marketing Subcommittee, including:
- Signs to identify where to meet for off-site activities, such as dine-arounds.
- Signs for committee members to hold to meet people for off-site activities.
- Sign-in sheets for dine-arounds.
- Determine if volunteers are needed for local arrangements activities, such as those listed below. Send the Executive Director a list of volunteers needed for the Call for Volunteers. Once the Call for Volunteers is complete, fill in any gaps and communicate with volunteers in advance about their responsibilities.
- Opening Reception (greet attendees, assist with entertainment or activities)
- Dine-arounds and other off-site activities (gather attendees, walk/transport them to the location, provide directions)
- Gala (greet attendees, collect tickets, assist with bus transportation, assist with entertainment or activities)
- Review entertainment-related contracts (see Contract Document for contract requirements). Send contracts to the Executive Director for approval/processing, and send all payment requests to the Executive Director for processing.