Global Conference: Local Arrangements
The Local Arrangements Subcommittee manages non-programming related activities such as local information and entertainment, as well as information to welcome attendees to the conference location.
- Arranges for entertainment for Opening Reception and gala event.
- Develops themes and decorations for Opening Reception and gala event.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to secure arrangements for the gala event. Additional information will be provided at a later date.
- If determined feasible, makes arrangements for off-site networking opportunities such as dine-arounds at local restaurants or pre-conference activities.
- Provides information about the local area for attendees to assist with logistics, travel, local activities, etc.
- Helps secure a local printer to be used for on-site conference printing needds.