Global Conference: Marketing
The Marketing Subcommittee plays an integral role in developing the communications surrounding the conference and assisting with distribution. The committee works closely with the MBA CSEA Executive Director to ensure consistency and minimize duplication of efforts.
- Conduct outreach and promote conference to MBA CSEA members, expired members, and prospective members. Work with the Executive Director to coordinate and follow a communications plan that includes the following:
- Regular emails to all MBA CSEA active members, as well as to expired members as appropriate. The Marketing Committee develops the promotional email collateral and sends it to the Executive Director for editing and distribution.
- Emails and other outreach to prospective employer attendees. Work with the Executive Director to coordinate outreach with the organization-wide prospective member outreach lists.
- Tips to maximize email impact:
- Include pictures whenever possible.
- Ensure content is as succinct as possible. As a general rule, emails should be no longer than 200 words total, with paragraphs of no more than 2 - 3 sentences each.
- Include no more than two topics in the same email (e.g. keynote and plenary sessions, sponsor and exhibitor engagement, breakout session highlights, networking activities, etc.).
- Make the subject lines short and informative, focusing on the essence of the email and the call to action.
- Use a casual voice. Think about the verbiage that would be most impactful to you and your colleagues.
- Use bullet points if possible, to separate thoughts or pieces of the email.
- Proofread the draft before submitting.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement a plan using the organization’s social media channels, as well as committee member channels. Encourage all committee members (not just the marketing committee) to use social media to promote the event, including blogs and other posts about their personal experience. Most of the social media activity should be distributed in advance of the early bird deadline in order to maximize impact on attendance.
- Manage the committee’s input into the design process for conference logo, web/email banner, and printed program cover.
- Provide text for the main landing page of the conference web site.