This position reports to the Asst. Dean for Full-Time MBA and Masters Programs in the Wisconsin School of Business. Developing new corporate relationships and retaining existing employers is a key part of the role.
- Provide strategic oversight to the MBA and Master's Career Management Center (CMC) and engage in the implementation of a strategic plan designed to optimize the specialization model and available resources.
- Manage a team, including direct and indirect reports, to support employer relations and career development leading to goals of 100% internship placement and 90%+ full-time placement.
- Manage employment outcomes collection and reporting.
Employer Relations and Employer Development: (40%)
- Manage employer contacts, development and retention efforts, and annual follow up and implement feedback as appropriate.
- Lead strategy, planning and outreach for new employer relationships.
- Cross-sell existing corporate relationships to other specializations.
- Manage employer relationship management (Salesforce) and industry portfolios for team.
- Participate in employer development initiatives in support of the specialization model, which will include targeted travel, attendance at national events, alumni events, attending or hosting corporate information sessions, target telephone calling, and e-mail campaigns.
- Meet with specializations to design employer development plans for each area, and determine individuals accountable for each initiative.
- Manage the On Campus Recruiting (OCR) database on technology platform (currently Handshake), along with postings, employer notes, and resume books.
- Provide strategic vision and management for the career portion of the CRM/LRM and provide input in its ongoing development.
MBA and Masters Career Advising/Special Events: (15%)
- Coach Full-Time MBA students on career development topics during one-on-one advising appointments.
- Advise students on the use of Handshake, the MBA and Master'sCareer Services web-based job posting portal, and other resources.
- Deliver presentations on special event days, such as Diversity Day, Prospective Student Days, Orientation, Re-Orientation, and Yield Weekend.
- Deliver programming and lead/co-lead Ignite Career Accelerator, the Wisconsin FT MBA Leadership Development Program
- Create and collaborate with the Wisconsin School of Business Marketing and Strategic Communications team on strategy and implementation of career website, social media, and report creation.
- Gather, analyze, interpret, and report salary statistics from each graduating class, and provide metrics and materials in support of recruitment, employer development, board meetings, and rankings.
MBA & Masters' Program Responsibilities (10%)
- Participate with the Full-Time MBA and Master's Programs Office on special projects and committees.
- Support and attend MBA/Master's or campus events
- Collaborate and coordinate with MBA, Master's, WSB and campus colleagues
- Represent the Wisconsin MBA and Master's Programs on and off campus
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree required. Masters preferred.
10 years of work experience is preferred in functions related to employer development, consultative sales, human resources, fundraising/development or higher education career services and/or employer relations. Experience in higher education or business a plus. Seeking a relatable individual with strong communication and customer service skills with an action-oriented appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.