Associate Director, Consulting & Strategy Careers, Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon
Carnegie Mellon University’s Tepper School of Business
is among the world’s best business schools. U.S. News and Businessweek consistently rank the Tepper School’s MBA Program in the Top 20. The Tepper Masters Career Center
(MCC) has been ranked among the world’s leading MBA Career Centers, most recently #8 in The Economist (by students) and #8 in the Financial Times (by alumni) rankings.
We are searching for an Associate Director, Consulting and Strategy Careers to join our Masters Career Center Team. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage industry knowledge and experience to coach and advise Tepper MBA pursuing careers in management consulting and corporate startegy. In this role, you will work as part of a matrixed career services team, serve as a key Career Coach, and advocate for students and alumni. You will provide world-class services in support of our students’ success with top employers.
Are you passionate about helping graduate-level business students achieve their career goals? We are especially interested if you have expertise in/proven knowledge of management consulting and/or internal strategy functions across industries.
You core responsibilities will include:
- Career Coaching: Provide career coaching and support to MBA and MS students engaged in career exploration, professional development, internship and job search preparation and execution.
- Employer Relations: Create new and grow existing relationships with employers to recruit MBA and MS talent from the Tepper School of Business.
- Program Management: Act as a committee lead or liaison to facilitate collaborative recruiting events, travel to meet with employers and join/lead student treks. Act as departmental liaison to external stakeholders.
- Project Management: Take lead responsibility for managing the development and execution of student orientation programs, workshops and other events to support students.
- Assessment and Reporting: Engage in tracking and reporting student employment outcomes following the MBA Career Services and Employer Alliance’s Standards. Use data to highlight outcomes, trends and make informed recommendations and decisions.
You should demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience required, which can include corporate, higher education or a combination of relevant roles. Relevant consulting experience or demonstrated deep familiarity with the consulting industry is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, time management and planning skills.
- Multicultural and global competency.
- Demonstrated familiarity with business functions/industries commonly pursued by MBA students, with an emphasis on strategy/management consulting.
- Advanced computer literacy and Microsoft Office expertise.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, database management/development, budget/forecasting and program development/management preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a matrixed team environment.
Adaptability, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Tepper MCC. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at Carnegie Mellon. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the University through their work.
The ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of individuals at all levels within the University and our external partner organizations is required.
Please visit “http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/why-cmu/
” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
To apply with resume and required cover letter: