Below is the information about the position you requested.
Assistant Director Graduate Career Services
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF CAREER SERVICES APPLY NOWJob no: 496164
Work type: Full-Time Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA Categories: Drexel University, LeBow College of Business
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Reporting to the Director of Graduate Career Services, the Assistant Director will have combined roles of career coaching for MBA/MS students, employer outreach and operational support. This mid-level staff position provides individual counseling and support in the areas of job search strategies and career planning/professional development programming for MBA and MS students. Corporate outreach and engagement responsibilities include maintaining relationships with current corporate recruiters and establishing relationships with new prospective employers/corporate partners by marketing the LeBow College of Business and its graduate students.
Essential Functions Career Coaching: The Assistant Director will be assigned specific graduate programs and is expected to assist across programs as needed.
• Offer high- caliber career counseling services and programming to MBA/MS students on a regular basis. Coaching involves assisting students with their resumes/cover letters, LinkedIn/social media branding, strategic networking, developing comprehensive search strategies, honing interviewing skills, and helping to improve students understanding of their target area via applicable College resources.
• Teach and produce content for career management/professional development course for MBA/MS students and support their career development.
• Facilitate engaging career and professional development webinars, workshops and events.
• Update resources and connect with students via a variety of methods, including in-person and virtual delivery.
• Partner with program managers to provide integrated career and educational planning.
• Promote the career planning and education processes for LeBow graduate students and alumni and tailor services to their diverse needs.
• Facilitate continuous improvement informed by internal and external information derived from best practices and trends.
Corporate Relationship Management/Outreach & Engagement:
• Maintain relationships with current recruiters and establish new relationships that yield successful recruiting results. Collaborate with GCS team to maximize outreach efforts.
• Coordinate and cultivate job / internship postings, arrange information sessions and related industry programming and events.
• Conduct relationship management to target potential companies and professional associations, initiate contact with hiring managers to promote LeBow as a potential source for recruiting MBA/MS students and interns.
• Support student career planning activities through identification of alumni and industry contacts.
• Track outcomes and trends.
Administration and GCS Operations:
• Collect and maintain data on students’ career outcomes for College information initiatives.
• Expand tracking and submission of employment outcomes for all MBA/MS programs, including full-time, part-time, and online populations.
• Lead coordination of CPT process for international students, including meeting with students regarding their internship offers and working with Drexel ISSS to authorize and update the student’s employment.
• Partner with LCOB graduate enrollment/admissions team, program managers, faculty, and staff to create an integrated, comprehensive approach to career development and the student lifecycle.
• Participate in shared programs and co-curricular activities with other offices/faculty/staff within LeBow and Drexel.
• Represent MBA /MS CS at various functions at LeBow (including Admissions/Recruitment events), within the Drexel community and externally (i.e., regional events, conferences, etc.).
Other Job-Related Duties and Special Projects as Assigned
Assistant Director Graduate Career Services
Posting Start Date:
A Bachelor's Degree in Business, HR, Counseling or other related Area.
A minimum of 5 years related experience is required.
A graduate degree is preferred, i.e., MBA, Master’s degree in HR or counseling or other related area.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of job and internship search skills/tools, and an ability to relate well to the highly diverse and demanding communities of the MBA /MS student and employer market. Strong functional knowledge of graduate business career paths.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on influencing skills and outstanding organizational ability.
Superior presentation skills.
Strategic thinker with ability to work independently in a fast- paced team environment.
Strong customer focus with outstanding interpersonal/relationship building skills.
Demonstrated agility and flexibility to adapt to changing needs of stakeholders.
Excellent planning and project management skills. Experience managing special events/programming.
Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of people at different levels of the College and University.
Excellent proficiency in MS Office and solid understanding of how to use databases effectively.