Graduate Business Career Coordinator
Apply nowJob no: 505064
Work type: Staff
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Temporary, Full Time, Student Services
The Graduate Business Career Coordinator supports Graduate Business Career Services (GBCS) operations in relation to programming, career education, and employer engagement. Provide advising and coaching to graduate business students and alumni in all aspects of career exploration, decision making and job search.
Develops, implements, and maintains innovative career development programs appropriate for graduate business students, including but not limited to webinars, networking events, informational interview engagement, and boot camps. Plans, coordinates, and assesses employer engagement staff initiatives including information sessions, site visits, job shadows, and interviews to provide customized employer programming. Participates with graduate business faculty in planning and delivering special programs such as orientation held each academic semester. Develops and delivers workshops to enhance students’ professional development on a range of topics such as job search strategy, advanced resumes, social media, interviewing, networking, and negotiating job offers. Collaborates with other Career Development Center staff and College of Business faculty and staff to deliver effective career services. Provides career advising and employment assistance to graduate business students and alumni interested in business careers. Establishes and builds relationships with a wide range of employers, including local, regional, national and international employers. Manages the posting process to ensure that the system is fully maximized by students, employers, the Career Services staff, and the campus community.
Graduate Business Career Coordinator
||California State University, Long Beach
||Long Beach, CA
||$4,304 to $6,120 per month
|Posting Start Date:
- Strong organizational, program development and communication skills, creative thinking/reasoning abilities and demonstrated competency to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to develop and facilitate workshops and make presentations.
- Knowledge of current employment trends and salary structures; student development and counseling theories; and career decision-making and job search processes
- Proven relationship building skills with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with employers and alumni groups.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the University, alumni, other constituents and the public.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, analyzing and creating marketing and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing concepts, promotional strategies, and media communication.
- Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration, or a job-related field and two years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas required.
Preferred degree disciplines include: Business/Human Resources, Student Development/Higher Education, Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations.
A master’s degree in a job?related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience.
Valid CA Driver License required.
Career Development Center
$4,304 to $6,120 per month
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
||This listing expires on: 12/14/2021