Employer Relations Lead
The vision of Schwarzman Scholars is to bring together the world’s best young minds to explore and understand the economic, political and cultural factors that have contributed to China’s increasing importance as a global power, and train them to become effective links between China and the rest of the world. Through the philanthropy, foresight, and dedication of Blackstone Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO Stephen A. Schwarzman, as well as the generosity of global donors who have been inspired by the potential and importance of this program, Schwarzman Scholars has raised more than $500 million to date. These funds will help endow Schwarzman Scholars in perpetuity.
Each year, up to 200 future leaders from the U.S., China and the rest of the world matriculate as Schwarzman Scholars at Tsinghua University in Beijing to pursue a one-year Master’s Degree. They live in Beijing for a year of intensive study and cultural immersion. Learn more about Schwarzman Scholars at www.schwarzmanscholars.org
POSITION DESCRIPTION: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF EMPLOYER RELATIONS, CAREER DEVELOPMENT
The Associate Director of Employer Relations under the direction of, and in coordination with, the Director of Career and Professional Development, leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive employer engagement strategy for both on- and off-campus activities, domestically and internationally. The responsibilities include overseeing key internal processes, functions, and resources for recruiting of Schwarzman Scholar talent. Manages and partners closely with the Career Development team in carrying out strategies, projects, programs, and career events. In concert with the Director of Career Development, designs and implements systems and processes for close collaboration with and responsiveness to requests from other administrators.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and resourceful self-starter, who is tech savvy, and willing to do whatever is necessary in this collaborative, lean, start-up environment. A positive approach toward institutional “growing pains” and an empathy towards student needs is a must!
Employer Relations Lead
||Tsinghua University, Schwarzman College
||New York, NY
|Posting Start Date:
- Design, develop, and execute a broad-based employer development strategy, including goals of meetings per quarter and jobs posted using relevant student data to drive meetings and engagement.
- With an understanding of myriad industries, develop/oversee communication to employers in all sectors. A successful plan will incorporate staying abreast of industry trends, hiring needs and student interests.
- Initiate and capitalize on new ideas and their implementation.
- Serve as mentor for junior career staff.
- Generate strategies, practices, and tools for engaging with employers.
- Plan, compose, and deliver an annual communications strategy and marketing materials for hiring Schwarzman Scholar talent.
- Document contacts and organization conversations in recruiting system; develop strategy to share contact information and company information with students in easily accessible/digestible ways. Empower students to engage directly with employers.
- Interface with other teams to achieve strategic school priorities and meet annual objectives (i.e. working with other teams on various corporate initiatives).
- Represent the Schwarzman Scholar Program and Tsinghua University to employers.
- Oversee employer facing aspects of recruiting system (including employer dashboard, posting jobs, conducting resume referrals, approving employers, resume purchases and postings).
- Oversee the creation of materials as necessary for on-campus recruiting activities (PPT slides, OCR interview schedules, etc.)
- Provide data analysis on all metrics for job postings, campus events, interviews, etc.
- Engage with students and alumni regarding employer engagement, including regular communication via wechat and other platforms, and coaching as necessary, especially as it informs building new or strengthening existing employer relationships.
- Engage with leadership to achieve common goals. Support cooperation, collaboration, and the sharing of information as appropriate. Contribute to employer and student facing recruiting policies.
- Support Career Development Programs by creating panels/programs and contributing to career materials with information on latest hiring trends, resources, etc - geographically or by sector.
- Develop/oversee employer events including connecting with Tsinghua University as appropriate.
- Oversee employer development budget.
- Other duties as assigned or in response to changes in hiring and career trends, and changes within the University.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Four years of work experience, with at least two years in a high-level, fast-paced environment. Experience directly related to outreach, sales, account management or development preferred but not required.
- Experience living or working overseas and language proficiency in addition to English preferred.
Schwarzman Scholars does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
||This listing expires on: 5/22/2022