Associate Director, Career Management
The Associate Director, Career Management is part of a global Career Services team providing career management support to Chicago Booth MBA students and alumni. The Associate Director primarily functions as a coach and educator for Chicago Booth’s 1,220 full-time MBA students, based at Harper Center on the main University of Chicago Campus. As a coach, the AD provides one-on-one and small group support for all phases of the career and job search lifecycle. As an educator, the AD creates and delivers innovative career management programming including large classroom, experiential learning and special events, and via e-learning media such as webinars, video casts, and designed instructional tools.
- Coaches domestic and international students on appropriate career management and job search skills appropriate for the range of MBA-level business careers in one-on-one, small and large group settings, and virtually.
- Conceptualizes, innovates, develops, and delivers career management programming to groups of 5-500 students.
- Leads or co-leads the implementation of career education (knowledge and skill-building) including workshops, panel discussions, large scale conferences, and via e-learning/media.
- Consults and partners with several functional, industry, and regional student groups to guide in planning and delivering career management-related programming to support recruiting needs.
- Manages or leads various special projects/programs that provide career related support or strategic initiatives to address the needs of special constituencies.
- Collaborates with the Employer Relations team; accompanies relationship managers on firm visits both locally and nationally to meet with firm representatives and discuss recruiting strategies, exchange student feedback and updates on hiring needs.
- Continually develops and maintains knowledge of MBA functions, and designated industries; accompany students on treks to employers.
- Acquires, maintains, and applies knowledge of career research databases and shares that knowledge with relevant constituencies through one-on-one coaching appointments, live and virtual presentations, and online and print guides.
- Solicits and analyzes student feedback and evaluations and helps strategize with the Career Management team, student organizations, and/or other Booth staff to determine program offerings and innovations.
- Leverages learning technologies in designing and delivering career content to support students.
- Analyzes markets and trends as they relate to the MBA job search and incorporates tips/ advice into coaching students, and in developing career programming.
- Partners across team and colleagues in developing and implementing innovative initiatives.
- Conducts job search and career management related large lectures, hands-on workshops, special events, training programs, and one-on-one career coaching sessions. Acts as a resource for and directs students to other career resources as needed.
- Analyzes markets and trends as they relate to job searches. Assesses student feedback and evaluations and collaborates with other career services staff members, student organizations, or other staff to determine program offerings and innovations.
Associate Director, Career Management
||The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
|Posting Start Date:
- Master’s degree in business, counseling, or related field.
A minimum five years of experience in career counseling or within relevant industry.
Technical Skills or Knowledge:
- Knowledge of career development theory and strong coaching or counseling skills.
- Experience and knowledge of, or demonstrated interest in, business careers.
- Proficiency in using on-line resources, spreadsheets and presentation software.
APPLY Via this link to U Chicago Careers, JR 16925 https://wd5.myworkday.com/uchicago/d/inst/15$158872/9925$24906.htmld
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the needs and concerns of a diverse MBA student body.
- Deep commitment to customer service and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated initiative, and the ability to work both independently and within a team.
||This listing expires on: 8/1/2022