Senior Career Coach
The Senior Career Coach
role at Thunderbird School of Global Management provides career advisement and professional counseling to domestic and international graduate students and alumni through all steps of the career development process; administer and interpret career interest and personality assessments, teach internship/job research, guide career decision-making, and coach on job search preparation and strategy. Design, prepare, and deliver presentations on career development and job search topics. Develop and maintain relationships with campus partners and coordinate special projects as assigned. Reports to Director, Career Management Center, Student Success.
- Advises students and alumni regarding their interests, values, skills and qualifications related to career decision- making, industry research, preparing, and conducting an effective job search.
- Administers and interprets career assessment instruments such as TTI and CareerLeader.
- Designs curriculum and delivers career-related and job search presentations, workshops, and webinars to Thunderbird students and alumni community.
- Manages online career preparation course.
- Advises students on writing resumes/cover letters, networking and interview techniques. Critiques resumes in classroom settings, at career events and one-to-one advising sessions.
- Recommends, organizes, develops and maintains state of the art career resource materials in both printed and online forms for students and alumni.
- Serves as a liaison with faculty, staff and administrators seeking career information.
- Assists with Career Services special events such as employer recruiting events, national career fairs, round tables, workshops etc.
- Develops, plans and presents various special projects; may collaborate with outside departments on special needs. Stays current with new online career websites, programs and resources (Handshake, 12Twenty, Beyond B School, Career Shift, and Vault…etc).
Thunderbird Career Management Center serves students and alumni in the office and at events that typically take place Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, with additional evenings and weekends required. Staff have varied schedules during these time frames to support students and alumni.
Senior Career Coach
||Thunderbird School of Global Management
|Posting Start Date:
Master's degree in a related field AND one year of experience in a related area; OR, Bachelor's degree in a related field AND five years-experience in a related area; OR, Nine years of progressively responsible experience in a related area; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of career development, career counseling, job search strategies, job market trends, employer relations, contemporary recruitment methodologies, and global trends in career services.
- Experience working in private and/or public sectors.(2 years)
- Experience with administration and interpretation of career assessment and inventories. Experience in resume writing and interviewing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global and/or 4th industrial workforce trends.
- Experience in relationship building skills; especially cross-functionally and cross-culturally. Experience working with international and domestic audiences. Multi-lingual preferred.
- Evidence in being a motivated self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, data-driven, innovative, startup environment.
- Experience in working with culturally diverse populations.
- Experience in public speaking/facilitating large groups. Experience in effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations on career-related and job search topics using electronic resources such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
- Experience in Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Drive, Dropbox, Outlook, WhatsApp, etc.
||This listing expires on: 8/7/2022