Associate Director, Graduate Business Career Development
Want to join an amazing team dedicated to providing quality services and enriching the experience of graduate business students? Think you can thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment that includes a variety of work and interactions with multiple stakeholders including students, faculty, and campus & community partners? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you!
The Associate Director, Graduate Business Career Development will advise students in the MBA programs on career development and job search strategies related to their backgrounds and career goals. They will provide industry experience and expertise in advising students who want to pursue careers in corporate finance, banking, investments, commercial banking, asset management, and, wealth management.
The Associate Director works with the Finance & Investments Club, faculty, and alumni in the corporate finance and financial services sector. In addition, they will teach a required course in Career Leadership and help develop career skills including interviewing, networking, and positioning.
This position will be responsible for customer relationship management of corporate partners in finance, banking, and financial services, including Wall Street and LaSalle Street Networks. They will assist the office in enhancing student career services and interactions with students, alumni, faculty, and recruiters.
Detailed responsibilities include:
Counseling and mentoring:
- Provide assistance to student job seekers in groups and one-on-one; assistance includes resume reviews, discernment of strengths and weaknesses, discernment of ideal career paths, mock interviewing, networking advice, cover letter reviews, coaching of candidates through the recruitment process, salary negotiation advice and social media alignment with career goals
Help prepare and teach Career Leadership courses for the MBA program and conduct workshops on career development and career skills
Work with Finance and Investments club and other student groups to help students gain industry knowledge, contacts, job search skills, and confidence
- Responsible for managing approximately ten employer/recruiter relationships and deepening the interaction of those relationships with the Mendoza College of Business across all programs
- Generate job opportunities for students
- Foster relationships with key and prospect recruiters
- Accounts are reviewed on a yearly basis with the Director
- Supervise the daily implementation of work priorities across both student and employer events and programs
- Assist Director and Career Development team as needed on a variety of projects
- Manage assigned budget
- Follow all University policies and procedures
- Provide statistics in line with MBA CSEA standards on employment and job search status for each program on a regular basis
- Assist Admissions as required at recruiting events, alumni events, etc.
What makes Mendoza College of Business special?
At the Mendoza College of Business, diversity, equity and inclusion are foundational to our imperative to Grow the Good in Business™: to educate business leaders who focus on contributing to everyone in society, cooperating in solidarity, and creating a culture where we succeed and grow together. In addition, we embrace the University’s core values of Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, Leadership in Excellence & Leadership in Mission
Mendoza College of Business Commitments to a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
• To treat every person with dignity and respect
• To value our cultural differences
• To harness the strength of our diversity
• To commit ourselves to the mission of equality for all
• To be diligent in our efforts to listen, learn, and grow with one another