Assistant Director, Employer Engagement (Rosslyn, VA)
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business, one of the world's leading business schools, seeks an Assistant Director of Employer Engagement, Professional Degree Programs to join its team in Rosslyn, Virginia. This position, reporting to the Managing Director of Professional Degree Programs, is responsible for establishing and sustaining relationships with hiring companies, specifically in the Washington DC metro area, with a focus on identifying opportunities for professional degree program students. The Assistant Director will manage key contacts, to include recruiters, alumni, and designated school leads, as well as proactive outreach to identify and establish new relationships with companies. This position will contribute to building and promoting Darden’s campus in Rosslyn, Virginia, as a key source of experienced talent.
Engagement is managed through various mediums, in-person, through phone, e-mail, and other virtual platforms. The role will manage and implement all recruiting related activities and collaborate closely with the professional degree program career services team, with the employer engagement team in Charlottesville and the broader Career Center team, enterprise stakeholders and student club leadership. The position will also be the primary liaison between students and companies to maximize the success of recruiting events; manage company expectations and evaluate opportunities for engagement; including advising recruiters on their recruiting performance and areas of improvement. In addition, this position will be the primary point of contact for collecting and disseminating information related to on grounds recruitment in Charlottesville with degree program students.
The position requires the ability to manage technical complexities, including data and system administration as it relates to maintaining company data, management of recruiting activities and process improvements for greater efficiency and experience for employers and students.
This role is based at Darden’s Sands Family Grounds in Rosslyn, VA, our state-of-the-art facility with expansive views of the capital region and contemporary classrooms, offices, and event space. While the position requires in-person presence to support student and employer engagement, there is flexibility for a hybrid work schedule.
Employer Engagement & Recruiting; Event Management
- Defines and executes an employer engagement strategy with a broad range of public and private firms, with a focus on the Washington DC area, to expand, develop and nurture partnerships, and sustain the professional and networking relationships that lead to employment of Darden students and alumni both domestically and internationally. This includes an emphasis on establishing relationships with minority-owned organizations in the region.
- Interacts with hiring representatives (including Darden/UVA alumni, HR and talent management) to understand their goals and help develop plans to use Darden resources to successfully engage students, in close partnership with the Managing Director of Professional Degree Programs and the employer engagement team.
- Helps promote and educate employers on Darden’s campus, programs and activities in Rosslyn and opportunities to engage with MBAs and Masters’ students. This requires an understanding of the unique features of these programs and the talent they offer companies.
- Schedules, organizes and provides logistical support for companies to include events, company interviewing, alumni networking and other recruiting related activities, in the Sands Family Grounds.
- Serves as an intermediary between companies and students, and communicates critical information to students, Career Center, and Enterprise as necessary; to include updates such as changes in recruiting plans, new job opportunities, or ways to access the company.
- Partners with professional degree program team to collaborate on student engagement, company recruiting tactics for feedback and idea generation to support success for both students and employers.
- Develops a broad focus and expertise across various industries to support customized recruiting strategy development and support across the Employer Engagement team.
- Stays informed on employment trends within the Washington DC area, including engaging with local associations, business groups, and executive search firms.
- Supports the development and execution of virtual recruiting tactics by staying abreast of various platforms and capabilities.
- Participates and travels to Annual Recruiter's Conference (MBACSEA), initiate contact with new potential recruiters, and develop leads where applicable.
- Visits top tier firms to conduct annual debriefs, support industry specific treks or other as deemed necessary to maintain job performance objectives.
- Partners with local business schools and peer business schools to execute Global Career Fairs, Interview Forums and other events to provide additional job opportunities to Darden students across all degree formats.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including some data tracking, management and analytics.
Collaboration with Departments Across Darden and the University of Virginia
- Partners with all relevant stakeholders specifically within the Sands Family Grounds and across the University to ensure effective development, management, implementation, and growth of domestic and international employer relationship opportunities (to include but not limited to, Darden Centers of Excellence and Alumni Engagement).
- Collaborates closely with Darden student club leadership teams to create outreach strategies and target employers for relevant company portfolio, update on recruiter changes/contacts and share job opportunities and connections; share new recruiting trends and approaches. Meets with club leaders on a regular basis.
- Builds relationships with fellow industry colleagues across top business schools to keep up-to-date on recruiting trends and industry segment challenges, opportunities and best practices.
- Works closely with Darden Career Center marketing to create and publish content for student and employers on a regular basis; such as the Employer Newsletter.
Posting link: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/job/Remote---Virginia/Assistant-Director-of-Employer-Engagement---Recruiting--Professional-Degree-Programs--Rosslyn--VA-_R0037601
Assistant Director, Employer Engagement (Rosslyn, VA)
||University of Virginia Darden School of Business
|Posting Start Date:
Education and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of experience required. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Preferred experience includes working with graduate degree students, preferably MBA students and alumni, ideally with specific experience in career development, career counseling and business development.
- Corporate recruiting and/or corporate relationship-building experience in the private sector and/or in higher education preferred.
- Experience working with company recruiters and with the job search process preferred.
- Experience with event management preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Pro-active and initiative oriented with an ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Effective at building and maintaining effective collaborative relationships, including but not limited to diverse employers from all levels within public and private sector organizations and across graduate student and alumni populations.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and serving the needs of a diverse population. High degree of sensitivity to intercultural differences.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, process, and organization. Strong project management skills to monitor performance and to implement and oversee a process.
- Ability to make independent, responsible decisions that create positive outcomes for Darden students, alumni, and employers.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism, follow-through, teamwork, flexibility, and positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to create, design and execute on new engagement opportunities and events in partnership with leadership.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software applications, including database management software.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends and travel occasionally.
Please apply through Workday, and search for R0037601. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching 'Find Jobs'. Complete an application online with the following documents:
Upload all materials into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively, merge all documents into one PDF for submission. Applications that do not contain all required documents will not receive full consideration.
For questions about the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com.
Posting link: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/
||This listing expires on: 8/23/2022