To apply for this position, visit this website and use the requisition ID 87720BR. The close date is January 31, 2022.
The Career Services Center (CSC) at the W. P. Carey School of Business is seeking to fill a position as a Career Counselor,
focused on working with both our undergraduate Bachelor of Science and graduate Specialty Masters Business students,
and who shares our passion for empowering individuals to identify, pursue, and achieve their professional goals.
When you join W. P. Carey School of Business, you become part of a team of academics and professionals committed to making a positive impact through business education via the lens of our mission, “business is personal.” When you join the CSC team, you will be developing your program design, stakeholder management, content creation, and creative collaboration skillset.
The Career Counselor is part of an energetic and collaborative team that works with both undergraduate and graduate students. This position will work with other coaches at an individual level and build a fulsome career programing, including: group sessions, workshops, vendors, presentations (in-person and on-demand), and class design and delivery. Your role will be to map a career journey during the students’ time in the program – to directly help them to become career-ready – able to connect their skills, talents, interests, and education to the rapidly changing world of work.
The Career Counselor will deliver a high-quality level of service to a population with a variety of needs. This position will teach career courses, serve as a partner to student clubs, manage employment data collection, and develop workshops. Additional responsibilities include assessing trends in the employment market; performing research and interpreting career and employment data and job search information databases; developing curriculum and content; representing the department on committees and strategic projects; and other duties as assigned.
The Career Counselor achieves results in five key areas of responsibility:
- Program Design & Management: Develop comprehensive and customized career program tailored to the needs of a student portfolio.
- Career Coach: Deliver relevant career programming through various channels to drive student engagement and build life-long career capabilities.
- Content Creation: In collaboration with colleagues across Career Services, continuously creates and improves the quality of career content and resources.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain relationships with the key business community stakeholders—both internal to W. P. Carey and external—to enhance students’ market competitiveness.
- Market Informed: Stay up-to-date on business trends and best practices around talent management for roles / firms / industries within the portfolio through on-going integration of market feedback.
- (40%) Career Coach. Delivers relevant career programming through various channels to drive student engagement and build life-long career capabilities. Provides individual, drop-in, and group career coaching services to a student portfolio to develop life-long career capabilities, including career decision making, narrative, networking, interviewing, etc. Teaches and career development courses; assists with development and facilitation of career management core workshops and programming.
- (30%) Program Design and Management. Develops comprehensive and customized career program tailored to the needs of a student population, utilizing data to make informed programmatic decisions. Identifies and integrates career tools, resources, events, and activities to assist students on their unique career journeys. Supports students in their awareness and development of personal and professional capabilities, including goal-orientation, communication, decision making and learning, all related to their career goals. Develops and embeds knowledge of career trends, career paths, best practices, and market shifts for all relevant roles within industries. Works on multiple, concurrent projects under tight deadlines.
- (15%) Content Creation. In collaboration with colleagues across Career Management, continuously creates and improves the quality of career content and resources. Assesses needs of portfolio to create and send editorial content, company prep sessions, market feedback mechanisms, and attending company events. Enhances professional practice and portfolio subject-matter expertise with employer meetings and research and sharing relevant insights with students through various channels is an expectation to understand market needs and our students’ performance within it.
- (15%) Stakeholder Engagement. Builds and maintains relationships with the key business community stakeholders—both internal to W. P. Carey and external—to enhance students’ market competitiveness. Works with the Operations team to support the coaching process and database needs. Participates in special projects and administrative responsibilities. Provides outreach and market engagement, including employment reporting outreach. Collaborates with Employer Engagement team to engage with the business community including local, national and global employers, alumni and industry stakeholders.
||Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business
||$45,000 - $55,000
|Posting Start Date:
Master's degree in a related field AND three years in a related area; OR, Bachelor's degree in a related field AND five years’ experience in a related area; OR, Nine years of progressively responsible experience in a related area; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved. Must accommodate flexible hours – may attend events, deliver workshops or provide training some evenings and weekends.
- Evidence of a Master's degree in (business/counseling/education) or related field.
- Higher-education, business school experience in career services delivery, coaching, recruitment.
- Private sector experience. 1-2 key areas of industry knowledge and expertise; awareness of general labor market trends.
- Experience working with management to executive level business people in one or more of the areas of career coaching, recruitment, training and learning development, career services delivery, outplacement, executive search, talent management and transition/recruitment.
- Experience advising international student populations
- Knowledge of career trends and the “business of business” in the changing world of work.
- Experience career coaching students, professionals, and/or employees
- Ability to analyze complex situations accurately, think strategically, and adopt effective courses of action
- Experience with program management/design and development in fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to conduct respectful consultation and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Experience in designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating career-related content in workshops or group settings.
- Strong technical ability with Handshake, and familiarity with Zoom, Canvas, Big Interview, etc. an asset
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, facilitating groups, influence and persuasion
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, data query, PowerPoint)
||This listing expires on: 3/18/2023