Professional Development Committee SOP's
Updated July, 2019
The Professional Development Committee identifies the professional development needs of the MBA CSEA membership and facilitates program development to meet those needs.
- Ensures organizational programming meets the needs and strategic goals of the organization, as defined by the Board of Directors. Works with the Executive Director and conference liaisons as needed in order to emphasize programming goals within the conference committees.
- Utilizes surveys and other means to identify professional development needs of the membership. Existing surveys that provide programming insight include: evaluations from the Asian, European and Global Conferences and Regional Forums, feedback forms from webinars, and the annual membership survey, typically distributed in August.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programs and makes recommendations to the board.
- Reports to the board regarding program development and outcomes as needed.
- Coordinates webinars and virtual round tables, working closely with the Executive Director and Administrative Assistant who provide guidance and technical direction/support in utilization of webinar technology solution(s).
- Coordinates Regional Forums, working closely with the Executive Director and Administrative Assistant who provide marketing and registration support
The committee should be diverse enough to be representative of the membership, including small schools, large schools, top tier and non-ranked schools, European schools, Asian schools, and employers. Idea skills sets include: strong industry knowledge, ability to organize programming, comfortable with facilitating webinars.
Committee Co-Chairs are responsible for hosting regular meetings with committee members in order to update progress and make decisions. Co-chairs should ensure that an agenda is sent in advance of the meeting, and that minutes are taken during leadership calls and distributed in a timely manner.
The Executive Director is a member of the Professional Development Committee and leadership team, and should be included in all committee communications. The Executive Director also serves as liaison among all MBA CSEA committees, assisting with opportuities for cross-committee communication and collaboration when needed. The ED should be a part of all leadership transition communications/calls in order to obtain institutional knowledge.
Virtual Round Tables
Asian, European and Global Conferences
Each of the MBA CSEA conferences has a Programs committee that is responsible for the management of conference programming within the parameters defined by the Board and Conference Policies. Programs Committee leaders are selected by the chair(s) of each respective conference. The Professional Development committee provides guidance and assistance with topics and speakers for the conference committees as needed. The Executive Director serves as a liaison between all committees, and can assist with communications regarding programming strategies.
The committee utilizes online collaboration tools for project management and historical document storage. New committee members will be provided with access to these tools once they join the committee.