Resource Group Committee SOP's
One of the biggest benefits of membership in MBA CSEA is the networking and connections. Members find the orgainzation to be a great resource to develop relationships with people who share common interests. MBA CSEA Resource Groups bring people together to help make the relationship development process easier.
Current Resource Groups
- Career Center Leaders
- Employer Relations
- International Students in the U.S.
- MBA Career Coaches
- Members in Europe
- Specialty Masters Programs
- Working Professional MBA Programs
- Additional groups may be formed, based on interest
The Resource Groups Committee consists of the leader/co-leaders of each Resource Group. The committee meets once per month to share best practices for group engagement and report on successes.
- Host regular phone calls to discuss topics of interest to the group. The frequency and cadence of the calls is determined by the group, but should be a minimum of quarterly. The call times should be flexible so that all group members have an opportunity to participate. The calls can be open-ended, but some facilitation is recommended in order to keep the group engaged and on topic. Call format ideas include:
- Virtual round table discussions about topics of interest, such as current events or common challenges. The group chair determines questions in advance and facilitates the discussion.
- Best practice sharing or presentations from group members. If a group member is doing something innovative within their institution, they might do a presentation to share with the group.
- Utilize the online community for each group to discuss issues and share information in between calls. Appoint someone among the group to be a Commuinty Champion for the community. The Champion's role is to post regular topics and articles to start the conversation. Examples of posts include news articles, best practices, etc. Contact the Administrative Assistant for questions about our issues with the community.
- Serve as a resource regarding the group's professional development needs, communicating this information to the Executive Director. Provide regular updates regarding the group's needs and points of interest to the overall committee.
- Group members may decide to divide into subgroups based on more specific interests.
- The ED and Resource Group Chairs should be invited to all calls.
- Group leads are selected by the Resource Group Committee Chair and Executive Director, with assistance from past group leads as needed.
- Groups are open to any MBA CSEA Premium Member whose role within their organization qualifies them to join, based on the group's topic (i.e. career coaches join the coaches group, etc.). Membership is year-round, and is primiarly promoted during the conferences, quarterly emails sent by the Executive Director, and the MBA CSEA web site.
- Group rosters are accessible within thhe Resource Groups Committee's workspace in Smartsheet, and should be updated on a regular basis as members are added to or removed from the group.
The Resource Group Committee utilizes MBA CSEA tools, including:
- Smartsheet - a web-based project managment tool that includes the group roster and project plans, if used.
- OneDrive - an online file sharing service where all committee and group resources are stored.
Committee Leadership Roles
- Oversees and is a member of the committee.
- Assists with selection of committee leadership and members.
- Is included in all leadership and committee communications and committee debriefs, including all group meetings.
- Is consulted about anything the committee will be bringing to the board. In the absence of a Board Liaison to the committee, provides a regular report to the board about the committee's progress.
- Uses institutional knowledge to provide guidance and leadership for committee decisions, keeping in mind long-term goals and implications.
- Serves as liaison among all MBA CSEA committees, assisting with opportunities for cross-committee communication and collaboration when needed.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to oversee the work of the committee.
- Assists with committee composition and committee member selection.
- Hosts regular meetings with committee members to update progress and make decisions.
- Keeps the Executive Director up to date on committee progress in between meetings, as needed.
- Sets and distributes an agenda for committee meetings, with input from the Executive Director as needed.
- Ensures that minutes are taken at the meetings and distributed in a timely manner after the meeting has concluded (Note: the co-chairs are encouraged to delegate this responsibility to one or more committee members).
Resource Group Chair(s)
- Host regular group meetings.
- Distribute an agenda prior to each meeting.
- If notes are taken during the meeting, upload them to the MBA CSEA OneDrive folder.
- Attend Resource Group Committee meetings to update the group on committee progress and share best practices.