Resource Group Chairs SOP's
One of the biggest benefits of membership in MBA CSEA is the networking and connections. Members find the orgainzation to be a great resource to develop relationships with people who share common interests. MBA CSEA Resource Groups bring people together based on common interest and job function to help make the relationship development process easier. Groups are created based on member request/interest and the availability of a group chair.
Current Resource Groups
- Alumni Career Services
- Career Center Leaders
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Employer Relations
- International Students in the U.S.
- MBA Career Coaches
- Members in Europe
- Specialty Masters Programs
- Working Professional MBA Programs
Visit the navigation links on the top let side of the page for additional, more specific information about the group roles and purpose.
Resource Group Roles
- Oversees all organizational committees and groups, providing institutional knowledge, guidance and leadership to ensure volunteers have the resources they need to be successful. Considers long-term goals and implications of decisions.
- Assists with selection of Resource Group chairs.
- Is included in all resource group and leadership communications, including group meetings.
- Schedules resource group chari meetings.
- Serves as liaison between resource group sand MBA CSEA committees as needed, assisting with opportunities for cross-committee communication, such as organization-wide webinar or other presentations.
- Is consulted about anything the resource groups will be bringing to the board. In the absence of a Board Liaison to the committee, provides a regular report to the board about the committee's progress.
Overall Resource Groups Chair
- Works closely with the Executive Director to oversee the work of the resource groups.
- Assists with the selection of the individual group chair(s).
- Hosts regular meetings with group chairs to update progress and make decisions if needed.
- Keeps the Executive Director up to date on group progress in between meetings, as needed.
- Sets and distributes an agenda for grou pchair meetings, with input from the Executive Director as needed.
- Ensures that minutes are taken at the meetings and distributed in a timely manner after the meeting has concluded (Note: the chair is encouraged to delegate this responsibility to one or more of the individual group chairs).
Individual Resource Group Chair(s)
- Hosts regular group meetings.
- Distributes an agenda prior to each meeting.
- If notes are taken during the meeting, upload them to the MBA CSEA OneDrive folder.
- Attends Resource Group Chair meetings to update the group on committee progress and share best practices.
The Resource Group Committee utilizes MBA CSEA tools, including:
- Smartsheet - a web-based project managment tool that includes the group rosters and project plans, if used.
- OneDrive - an online file sharing service where all committee and group resources are stored.
- Online virtual meeting tools - MBA CSEA has a Zoom account that can be used for group meetings if needed. Alternatively, group leaders may choose to use their institution's meeting software