Research & Trends Committee: Recruiter Benchmarking Survey
This survey is typically conducted every other year. Timing varies based on staff and committee availability and other external factors. The purpose is to analyze recruiting processes among current and potential employer members, including staff size and means of recruiting. The process for survey creation to completion is as follows:
- Employer members of the committee and the Executive Director review the previous year’s survey and make notes regarding any changes or edits. If there are no employer members on the committee, school members may be used. Employers outside of the committee can also be engaged for this short-term project.
- The MBA CSEA Data Analyst makes the requested edits and creates a draft survey for review.
- The committee makes additional edits if needed, and the Executive Director approves the survey for distribution.
- The Executive Director distributes the survey to the membership and sends additional communications to the membership to encourage participation, including through social media. Committee members also assist with outreach if needed. School members are asked to distribute the survey to employers within their contact list, even if they aren't members.
- The Data Analyst provides regular updates on the number of participants and conducts phone and email individual outreach as needed. The committee assists with this outreach.
- Once the survey is closed, the results are compiled by the Data Analyst. Employers whose company participated in the survey review the results and provide insight into the full report and Executive Summary, which are prepared by the Data Analyst.
- The Data Analyst and Executive Director send survey results to the members, based on who completed the survey and their level of completion.
- The Executive Summary is added to the web site, and distributed to all members and the media by the Executive Director.
- If possible and deemed necessary, a webinar is created and recorded so members may be educated on how to interpret and effectively utilize the data.
Executive Summary results from past surveys are available on the MBA CSEA web site.