Research & Trends Committee: Recruiter Benchmarking Survey
This survey is typically conducted every other year (most recently in 2018). The purpose is to analyze recruiting processes among current and potential employer members, including staff size and means of recruiting. The survey is administered by Industry Insights. The process for survey creation to completion is as follows:
- Employer (as well as school members, if needed) members of the committee and the Executive Director review the previous year’s survey and makes notes regarding any changes or edits. If there are no employer members on the committee, other employers should be engaged for this short-term project.
- Industry Insights makes the edits and creates a draft survey for review.
- The committee makes additional edits if needed, and the Executive Director approves the survey for distribution.
- Industry Insights finalizes the survey and distributes it to the membership. The Executive Director provides them with a list of member schools for distribution. If desired, the survey can also be sent to prospective employer members in order to increase participation. Industry Insights also creates the initial communication that is sent to the membership, which is reviewed by the committee chairs and Executive Director before distribution.
- The Executive Director sends additional communications to the membership to encourage participation, including through social media.
- Industry Insights provides regular updates on the number of participants, and conducts phone and email individual outreach as needed. The committee conducts additional follow-ups, if deemed necessary.
- Once the survey is closed, the results are compiled by Industry Insights. The committee reviews the results and provides insight into the full report and Executive Summary, which are prepared by Industry Insights.
- Industry Insights sends members a link to view the interactive portal where comparisons can be made (note: the portal is only available if there are enough respondents to justify breakdown of the data).The Executive Director also sends an email to all schools who completed the survey, with a reminder about how to access the results.
- The Executive Summary is added to the web site, and distributed to all membersand the media by the Executive Director.
- If possible and deemed necessary, a webinar is created and recorded so members may be educated on how to interpret and effectively utilize the data.
Executive Summary results from past surveys are availalbe on the MBA CSEA web site.