Research & Trends Committee: Fall Recruiting Trends Survey
This survey is administered each year in late December/January each year, with a close date of early February. The survey asks school members to compare current and future recruiting trends with the same time period the previous year. The survey is administrated by an external research firm by the name of Industry Insights. The process to manage the survey is as follows:
- The committee and Executive Director review the previous year’s survey and make notes regarding any changes or edits. The MBA CSEA Standards are consulted as needed, to ensure consistency (for example, with industry or function names).
- Industry Insights makes the edits and creates a draft survey for review.
- The committee makes additional edits if needed, and the Executive Director approves the survey for distribution.
- Industry Insights finalizes the survey and distributes it to the membership. The Executive Director provides them with a list of member schools for distribution. Industry Insights also creates the initial communication that is sent to the membership, which is reviewed by the Executive Director before distribution.
- The Executive Director sends additional communications to the membership to encourage participation, including through social media.
- Industry Insights provides regular updates on the number of participants, and conducts phone and email individual outreach as needed. The committee conducts additional follow-ups, if deemed necessary.
- Once the survey is closed, the results are compiled by Industry Insights. The committee reviews the results and provides insight into the full report and Executive Summary, which are prepared by Industry Insights.
- The Executive Director and Industry Insights prepare one or more media releases regarding the survey findings.The Executive Director distributes the press releases to the media, as well as to the membership via email, and on social media.
- Committee members are encourage to share the marketing pieces through social media, as well as to write blogs regarding their interpretation of the results and anecdotal information that they are seeing within their own organizations.
- If possible and deemed necessary, a webinar is created and recorded so members may be educated on how to interpret and effectively utilize the data. The committee works with the Professional Development committee on the timing and communications about the webinar.
Past Recruiting Trends survey results can be found in the Document Library, as well as on the MBA CSEA web site.