Standards Committee: Education
The Standards Committee and Standards Consultant collaborate to ensure MBA CSEA members maintain a high level of understanding of the Standards. The committee assists with Standards education in the following ways:
- Assists the Standards Consultant with educating members and others in the career services profession about the Standards.
- Maintains consistency on interpretation of Standards issues and member questions as much as reasonably possible. The Standards Consultant keeps an ongoing list of questions to refer back to in order to ensure consistency in responses.
- Works with the Standards Consultant to provide advice regarding questions received from the membership as needed. Note: the Standards Consultant is the first point of contact with members regarding the Standards. He/she consults with the committee about interpretation and question response as needed. He/she also coordinates and conducts all Standards training, with the assistance of the committee.
- The Global Conference typically includes a plenary session about the Full-time MBA Standards. The focus of this session is for those who are new to these Standards. If feasible, separate concurrent breakout sessions are held regarding the Part-time MBA and Specialty Masters Standards, as well as an additional more advanced session about the Full-time MBA Standards if needed. The Standards Consultant presents the sessions, along with committee members if needed.
- The European Conference typically includes a Standards training and discussion that covers all three sets of Standards. The Standards Consultant presents this, along with Standards Committee members who will be present at the conference and others as needed. When possible, schools in Europe are asked to assist with the presentation.
- The APAC Conference typically includes a high-level Standards training and discussion that covers all three sets of Standards. A board member and/or school in Asia familiar with the Standards typically presents this, with the Standards Consultant providing the presentation materials.
- Webinars and other virtual training are delivered on Standards as needed throughout the year. The Standards Consultant presents these sessions, with assistance from the Committee Chairs and other senior members of the committee as needed. Webinar recordings are available through the Document Library.
- Members submit questions to the Standards Consultant, who provides a response to most questions within 48 hours. If needed, the Consultant will communicate with the Standards Committee Chairs, working group chairs and Executive Director regarding cases that need further investigation.