Virtual Programming Committee SOP's
The Virtual Programming Committee facilitates virtual programming to meet the needs of MBA CSEA's diverse membership. The committee focuses on short, one-time programming through webinars, virtual round tables and other similar events. Conference and Boot Camp committees and other groups are responsible for the programming for the larger, multi-day or longer events. The committee's role is as follows:
- Works with the Board Liaison and Executive Director to ensure organizational programming meets the needs and strategic goals of the organization, as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Utilizes surveys and other means to identify professional development needs of the membership. Existing surveys that provide programming insigh include: conference evaluations, feedback forms from webinars, and other membership surveys. This data should be used before developing additional surveys.
- Coordinates webinars and virtual round tables, working closely with the Executive Director who provides guidance and technical direction/support in utilization of webinar technology solution(s).
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programs for continuous improvement.
The committee utilizes online collaboration tools for project management and historical document storage.
The committee should be diverse enough to be representative of the membership, including small schools, large schools, top tier and non-ranked schools, European schools, Asian schools, and employers. Ideal skills sets include: strong industry knowledge, ability to organize programming, high level of comfort with facilitating webinars and round tables, and the ability and desire to coordinate programming for a diverse membership base. Familiarity with virtual programming technology is not necessary, as the technical aspects of the events are managed by staff.
- Oversees and is a member of the committee.
- Is included in all leadership and committee communications and committee debriefs.
- Is consulted about anything the committee will be bringing to the board.
- Schedules committee meetings.
- Distributes membership surveys to gauge programming needs, if needed. Shares previous member feedback and ongoing observations with the committee to help guide programming.
- Approves event dates and times, ensuring there isn't a conflict with other organization events.
- Manages all technical logistics during events, including logging in early to set up presenters, muting participants if needed and managing the recording.
- Serves as liaison among all MBA CSEA committees, assisting with opportunities for cross-committee communication and collaboration when needed.
- Sets up event registration within the MBA CSEA web site. Answers questions from the members. Audits registration list when needed, such as when an event is open to a subset of the membership.
- Sets up event logistics within the virtual platform.
- Distributes event announcements to the membership. Shares information about events through organizational social media platforms.
- Sends a reminder email with login details to event registrants the morning of, and just before the event.
- Serves as a back-up for the Executive Director to manage the technology during the event as needed
Board Liaison to the Committee
- Serves as an additional resource to ensure the board and committee are working closely together.
- Communicates the board's strategic goals to the committee on a regular basis, and ensures they are accomplished.
- Is a member of the committee and is included on committee communication and leadership calls.
- Provides regular committee reports to the Board of Directors, and communicates feedback from board meetings to the committee as appropriate.
- Submits the committee's budget requests to the Treasurer each year.
- Hosts regular meetings with committee members to update progress and make decisions.
- Keeps the Executive Director up to date on committee progress in between meetings, as needed.
- Sets and distributes an agenda for committee meetings, with input from the Executive Director as needed.
- Ensures that minutes are taken at the meetings and distributed in a timely manner after the meeting has concluded (Note: the co-chairs are encouraged to delegate this responsibility to one or more committee members).
- Assists with follow-up with committee members as needed to ensure tasks are accomplished.