Virtual Conference: Board Liaisons
The Board Liaisons for the conferences remain involved with the Virtual Conference, providing strategic input and oversight to ensure the conference activities are closely aligned with the organization’s goals and priorities. They work with the Conference Co-chairs and Executive Director to make sure the Conference Policies, roles and responsibilities are followed (to the extent needed) and manage board involvement in the event as needed.
- Assist with the selection of the technology platform used for the event.
- Assist with the development of the Sponsor & Exhibitor Menu.
- Assist with the development of the event budget, and approve budget adjustments as needed.
- Provide insight into high level decisions as needed, including situations that have long term impact on the organization such as exceptions made to Conference Policies and changes to the Sponsor Menu or payment policies.
- Communicate board and organizational goals to committees and work with the Executive Director and Conference Committee members to ensure they are carried through in all conference planning.
- Obtain regular updates from the committees regarding progress made toward goals and provide input, direction and advice as needed.
- Facilitate communication between board and conference committees as needed.
- Communicate with the committee regarding ideas or suggestions affecting the conference that are brought up during board meetings.
- Along with the Conference Chairs and Executive Director, make sure Conference Policies are followed.
- Participate in regular meetings with the conference leadership team to ensure open communication between the Committee and the Board.
- Present the board with regular updates about the conference.