- Virtual Conference: Board Liaisons
- Virtual Conference: Executive Director
- Virtual Conference: Conference Chairs
- Virtual Conference: Programs
- Virtual Conference: Marketing
- Virtual Conference: Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Virtual Conference: Networking & Engagement
- Virtual Conference: Administrative Assistant
- Virtual Conference: Tech Support
Employer Member Benefits Guide
School Member Benefits Guide
Affiliate Member Benefits Guide
Virtual Conference: Executive Director
The Executive Director services as a high-level coordinator of the conference, providing leadership, guidance and strategic oversight to ensure planning runs smoothly and that the event successfully meets the organization’s goals. He/she provides critical input into decisions to ensure continuity and collaboration across subsets of the event.
Overall Event Management & Logistics
- Coordinates and chair meetings and communication among the Conference Leadership Team and attend meetings with each individual conference team in order to ensure continuity.
- Coordinates event-wide decisions, such as theme, marketing collateral, sponsor and exhibitor menus and other things that impact all three committees.
- Works with conference co-chairs to ensure committees are utilized and a manageable workload is maintained. Review SOP’s with committees and answers questions about responsibilities as needed.
- Works with conference chairs to manage overall conference timeline, providing reminders and assistance as needed.
- Reviews and approves overall conference schedule, including sponsor recognition and announcements as needed.
- Works with the Board Liaison and Conference Co-chairs to ensure the Conference Policies are followed.
- Approves and signs all conference contracts.
- Approves conference payments (see Conference Policies for payment specifications). Approves budget items that will go above and beyond what was approved by the board.
- Serves as primary liaison to the technology provider used for the event.
- Works with the Board Liaisons to develop and oversee the event budget, and approve expenses.
- Prepares a final financial document with revenue and expense figures after the event concludes.
- Coordinates volunteer recognition during the event.
- Oversees the business meeting that takes place during the event.
- Prepares and distributes post-event evaluation.
- Leads a de-brief call with the committees after the event to discuss the process and make recommendations for future events.
- Works with the MBA CSEA Graphic Designer to design the conference collateral, if used.
- Oversees overall conference web site and marketing presence. Works with committees to distribute communications in alignment with the organizational communications plan. Assists committee with ensuring organizational brand is carried through in all conference collateral.
- Distributes conference email communications to members, prospective members and conference attendees using organizational communication tool.
- Works with organizational partners to increase marketing opportunities to non-members.
- Works with the committee to develop and implement a social media promotions plan. Disseminates conference information through MBA CSEA social media accounts.
- Assists with the development of programming session assignments, working closely with the technology provider in order to ensure smooth flow and appropriate utilization of contracted space.
- Manages HRCI and SHRM certification process, including program submission and on-site administration. Work with committees to ensure adequate representation of HRCI-qualified programs and that HRCI guidelines are followed.
- Approves special requests for programming as per the Conference Policies.
- Purchases speaker gifts, if used, as outlined in Conference Policies.
Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Captures initial feedback from high-level sponsors and exhibitors in order to assist with the development of the S&E menu.
- Works with the Board Liaisons to develop the Sponsor & Exhibitor Menu for the event, taking into account feedback from the Conference Committees. Reach out to high level sponsors for feedback.
- Revises the Sponsor and Exhibitor contract.
- Distributes initial Call for Sponsors and Exhibitors.
- Arranges for sponsor thank you gifts (if used) and notes.
- Approve special requests made, including changes to Sponsor and Exhibitor Menu or individual requests made by sponsors or exhibitors.
- Works with the technology provider to create the Exhibit Hall design. Works with the committee to assist booths according to the historical process used.
Networking & Engagement
- Works with the committees to ensure networking and engagement tools available within the event technology are utilized.
- Approves new programs and processes for attendee engagement, and ensures cross-committee collaboration when appropriate.